Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Khechari thick tongue frenulum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  05:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i am new in khechari practice.
i am snipping my tongue frenulum with help of "blade" and "anti septic mouth washer".
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/T...e_Frenectomy
my frenulum is not like this.which i am giving in abov figure.
my frenulum tether is thick.no gap in between.
when i lift my tongue then it is not like thin tendon.
i snip it after every 3 to 4 day.
i am doing this work since last 4 month's
and still i am not reached stage 1.
is dentist remove whole frenum in one or two surgery
such that tongue will able to reach stage 4?
thick tongue man able to reach
stage 4 or not?

Edited by - mrityunjay_singh_1983 on Aug 05 2007 05:48:27 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  10:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mrityunjay Singh,
Welcome to the forum.

quote:
Originally posted by mrityunjay_singh_1983

is dentist remove whole frenum in one or two surgery
such that tongue will able to reach stage 4?
thick tongue man able to reach
stage 4 or not?

Getting this done professionally has been discussed here
Going to a "Professional" for Frenum Removal

To the best of my knowledge.. only one person at this forum has had their frenum removed surgically, and the last he had reported he was still not in Stage 2 (I think).
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....hpage=3#6540
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....hpage=4#7119

There are others at this forum who have never snipped and have reached stage 2 or higher.

Yet some who have snipped for awhile and made progress and some who have snipped and not made much progress.

Each person is different and what works for one person may not work for another.

There have been may discussions at the forum on Kechari. You can go through them and see if something helps you
Kechari Mudra

You can read up "tooled talavya kriya" for some additional techniques.

Are you stretching your tongue?
'milking the tongue' and 'tooled talavya'

Also, these two posts helped a lot of us enter stage 2.. see if this helps you..
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....hpage=4#8056
A hint that can be helpful: The journey from stage 1 to stage 2 kechari (going behind the soft palate) is actually a thrust forward with the tongue as soon as it clears the back edge. Not up, but forward. The easiest place to do that from (shortest distance to get behind) is on the left or right side of the edge of the soft palate. The tongue can roll right in from either side, while going up the middle takes more length.

Also, keep in mind that the soft palate is not a rigid boundary. As soon as we are behind it, it folds down and forward like a natural trap door. It returns to normal position just as naturally when the tongue is removed from the pharynx. So the idea of the entrance being an opening "way back there" is somewhat of an illusion. As soon as the pharynx is penetrated, the opening expands all the way forward to the edge of the hard palate. See cross-sectional images of kechari here: http://www.aypsite.org/kechari_image1.html

Carry on!

The guru is in you.

quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....hpage=5#8060
Just to clarify: The tongue doesn't actually "roll" into stage 2 from the side. It goes in on the side and slides to the center behind the soft palate. A push forward can help once the tip of the tongue has made it behind the edge of the soft palate -- that opens the soft palate trap door (it is usually automatic, but pushing forward with the tongue helps it along). No unusual contortions involved beyond just getting there, which you almost have!

Don't forget, finger help is perfectly legal, especially in the beginning.

The guru is in you.

Hope these help.
You are welcome to ask more questions and share your experiences with us.
Wish you all the best.

Go to Top of Page

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  01:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i watch and read all these forum method's,pictures and many more.
i also mail to yogani.
he said that your frnulum membrane is thick so it takes time to winnow down.
you only cut tight tether part no fleshy part.
i have one qyestion again.
suppose i gone to dentist he has done surgery.
after that i again snip my frenulum with yourself(means as i have done before surgery) easily or not?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
after that i again snip my frenulum with yourself(means as i have done before surgery) easily or not?

Hopefully, you can ask the dentist to remove as much of the frenum as he sees fit. It is then likely that you won't want to snip much afterwards, or at least not for some time.

It all depends on how much frenum you have, and how much of your frenum the dentist has actually removed -- and how limiting the frenum that remains is. But yes, you could want to snip more after going to a dentist.

Because dentist probably won't remove your whole frenum in one sitting. There's a lot of it further back. So your tongue may still be limited after a visit to the dentist. So when it's healed, it's possible to want to snip more -- though I wouldn't say it would be easier than before the visit to the dentist. But, because the dentist is likely to remove a lot, it will hopefully not be necessary to continue snipping. It's even possible to go to a dentist again to have more removed if what remains is too limiting. It all depends on the nature of your actual frenum, and where you want to go in Kechari. And on your dentist and how much your dentist removes!

Edited by - david_obsidian on Aug 07 2007 2:40:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  01:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my frenulum is thick can i achieve khechari s-4 without dentist.
means my own snipping
Go to Top of Page

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  03:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
white spot in my tongue just the place of snip but no pain in this area.
is this infection .or some thing else
what is the symptom of infection please tell me clearly?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  09:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mrityunjay_singh_1983

white spot in my tongue just the place of snip but no pain in this area.
is this infection .or some thing else
what is the symptom of infection please tell me clearly?

Hi Mrityunjay Singh,
The white spots have been discussed here.
Kechari -- White Spots.
From what I get from the above thread is that there is no need to worry about the white spots.

Since there was no pain it could be a callous(read the above thread).

If however you think it is an infection, please consult a doctor.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  7:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An infection would be indicated by redness and swelling and heat.
Go to Top of Page

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  05:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i cut within 2 or 3 days.
first i lift the tongue by sticking tongue with upper mouth roof.
then little sharp frenulum will appear.
without this lifting my frenulum appear with much thickness.
then i snip.
my problem is?

"At that time muscle inside the frenulum will appeared cutting this muscle part have much pain and blood."

with help of finger i touch the lower part of uvla.
i also practice these video exercises for tongue frenulum.
http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/videoclips.html
Go to Top of Page

sparkyfoxMD

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  03:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit sparkyfoxMD's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
It was me who went to the dentist and had laser surgery to remove the frenum. I have learned a lot. Best part is self-pacing..the enrgy of mrityunjay reminded me of me- I really wanted kechari.
This has changed and I know it will happen when I am ready. I am pleased I had the op- my architecture was quite tight-and the tongue does stretch a lot more- I am very close. But the burning desire has abated to be replaced by a knowing that when the time is right, I will achieve it.
So, I would say, listen to Yogani and the other members here, take it easy, and dont go snipping things if you dont really know what they are! Dont damage yourself in the process-please.

My meditations are getting better anyway- and my bhakti is growing stronger- I have had many blessings in my life- and this will be another when it decides to bless me.
Go to Top of Page

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  08:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i reach stage 1 khechari.
but my frenulum is much damaged in near places of cut.
but no much pain.
Go to Top of Page

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  12:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
with help of finger we reached behind the uvla.
but tongue will not stay there.
different type of taste i feel at this place.
but i am not including "khechari" with my "Bhastrika pranayama" and "third eye meditation" Practice.
in pranayama and meditation i only practicing mulabandh,uddyana, vajroli and jalandhar.Some times i also practice sambhavi during third eye meditation.
i am only want to reach completely at stage 3 khechari.
not more.
because anuloma viloma pranayama is good enough for doing same thing .which i do with help of stage 4 khechari.
whatever i am thinking.
Am i right are not please explain?

Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  12:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would try holding your tongue as far back as you can for many months without any snipping. This will increase your bhakti and make the tongue ready to go up. This would only work for you if it is appropriate, it may or may not bring you closer to your goal, stage 3.

The tongue has to stretch in order to reach the third eye, and if you snip too much then you could end up compensating for a lack of stretching. The best way I know of to stretch is to allow conductivity to pull the tongue upward. You could actually over snip and because the tongue is not properly stretched or strengthened, you will not reach third eye. These are just possibilities to be entertained, words on the screen that mean little.

In my experience, the tongue would be pulled up and held in place almost like a magnet. Then chi would flow through the region along with the rest of the body. This caused the tongue to fatten and stiffen upward. Slowly it would creep up, applying great strain on my frenum. Many times the frenum would feel like it was about to snap but did not, it just stretched. Just a few times it actually clenched my jaw shut very tightly. When I pulled the tongue down the frenum was white and had many curls in it from stretching. Then it would dry a bit, heal, and be longer than it was before. Slowly, but SURELY, stage 3 was established.

I practiced stage 3 for a while but then moved on to other aspects of my body that need attention, even though I practice stage 2 every day with the same effect or more. A long time went by without practicing in stage 3, but when trying to clean my tongue I pulled on it and saw a bit of blood on my hand and lip. My frenum had torn slightly from milking my tongue, which was accidental.

I think if I wanted to I could milk the tongue, practice stage 3, and make it even longer but there is no compulsion to do this as of now. But there have been a few occasions where I was overcome by kundalini and went into stage 3. It felt like my tongue had merged with my brain, in respect to how the ecstatic kundalini flowed.

Edited by - Kyman on Sep 21 2007 12:45:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000