AYPsite.org Forum
 Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Join AYP Group Meditations on Sundays
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  10:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is to encourage all AYP forum readers and particularly new members to join our weekly group meditations which take place on Sunday mornings at 11:15am Eastern Standard Time USA.
The idea is for all of us AYP practitioners to do our mantra meditation at the exact same time all around the world.

Special thanks to Shanti who has organized this over the last year and has provided this list to help you know what time to start:

8.15 am PT (USA)
9.15 am MT(USA)
10.15 am CT(USA)
11.15am ET(USA)
11.15 am Toronto
4.15pm Dublin
4.15 pm UK
5.15 pm Norway
5.15pm Germany
6.15pm Sofia/Bulgaria
8.45pm India.

If you are still not sure what time to start, use the world time converter and select USA-New York - New York - 11.15 am as the from location here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...nverter.html

We start the mantra meditation part of our sitting practices at precisely the times shown above. So if you have any other sitting practices like pranayama and mudras etc. give yourself enough time to get them in before you start the mantra meditation.

At the end of our meditation, for those of us practicing Samyama, we also send some healing to a recipient each week, see details here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1565#1565

Despite the distance between us, The group meditations are definitely a more powerful experience than meditating alone. See some reports here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1271#1271

and here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....hpage=2#9966

Hope you will join us!

All the best,

A

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  1:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Andrew.

I really appreciate this.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  1:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti for all your hard work and diligence with the group meditation.

I started entering an alarm on my mobile phone calender, which is suprisingly easy, to set off half an hour before the meditation time. This has worked really well and I have not missed one since.

I set it up for one of our group meditators and he also joined in today.

It was beautiful today for me, like getting a big loving hug.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  03:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I would love to join in - the time converter linked to though doesn't show 'Eastern Standard Time USA', only cities and I don't know which cities are 'eastern' in the USA.

Tried the 4.15pm UK but there are different time zones there also.

I can calculate it from whatever the time zone is GMT - any chance of listing GMT on the main list?

Hope this isn't too inconvenient....thanks for your help

Anne
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  08:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amaargi,

New York and Miami are EST. Chicago is CST and LA is PST.

Hope that helps, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  09:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Amaargi

Hi,
I would love to join in - the time converter linked to though doesn't show 'Eastern Standard Time USA', only cities and I don't know which cities are 'eastern' in the USA.

Tried the 4.15pm UK but there are different time zones there also.

I can calculate it from whatever the time zone is GMT - any chance of listing GMT on the main list?

Hope this isn't too inconvenient....thanks for your help

Anne

Hi Anne,
Welcome and thank you for joining us.
In order to calculate your time using the The World Clock - Time Zone Converter.. please use USA-New York - New York - 11.15 am as the from location.

Also let us know if you would like to be included as a part of our samyama healing recipient list.

Edited by - Shanti on Sep 10 2007 4:41:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  9:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,
The time was easy to work out - I'm 24 hours ahead so 11.15 your time AM and 11.15 PM my time :)

As this is evening my time I'm not sure if I should join in before going to sleep - would the energy be too stimulating?

I'm interested in the samyama healing receipient list Shanti but the link in the message doesn't work. Is there another link I can follow. I would like to find out more information about it if possible.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Anne
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  09:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anne,
I am sorry about the time.
If you'd be interested, Sadhak runs a group in India, and you could join in with them.
Group AYP India, Saturdays, 9.30 a.m

quote:

As this is evening my time I'm not sure if I should join in before going to sleep - would the energy be too stimulating?

It maybe. It is for some. I can meditate close to bed time and not be affected by it. But some find it too stimulating. You may have to try it out for yourself and see.
quote:

I'm interested in the samyama healing receipient list Shanti but the link in the message doesn't work. Is there another link I can follow. I would like to find out more information about it if possible.

Sorry the link did not work. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I am not exactly sure which link you are talking about.. if you could let me know which one, I will fix it so no one else has a problem. Thanks again.

Here is the thread that talks about the samyama healing experiences.
Healing Samyama in group meditation
Let me know if you would like me to add your name to the list.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  4:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Sorry the link did not work. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I am not exactly sure which link you are talking about.. if you could let me know which one, I will fix it so no one else has a problem. Thanks again.

PS: Found the link you were talking about (I think) and fixed it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000