AYPsite.org Forum
 AYP Helpers
 Giving Back to Yogani
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  2:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

As you are no doubt aware, Yogani has given a great deal of himself in regards to his time, effort and personal finances to bring the incredible teachings of AYP to all of us. I know I have personally benefited immensely and am grateful for his work and like to do whatever I can in small ways to help Yogani when I can.

Yogani is not the type of person who likes to ask for help, but one request which he has made from time to time, is for people to give their reviews of his books on www.amazon.com, as it helps greatly in increasing book sales. Unfortunately, books sales are not yet at the point where the AYP project is at breakeven in terms of revenues and expenses and at the current rate of growth will not be for at least another year, so anything we can do to help now is much needed and appreciated.

See my review of Yogani's latest book on Samyama and feel free to do one for any of his books that you have read. If you haven't read his books but feel you have benefited from reading his free on-line lessons or from this forum you can give directly with a financial contribution of any size here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...rset=UTF%2d8

Here is the link to my review of his latest Samyama book here, I have also copied it below:

http://www.amazon.com/Samyama-Culti...60747&sr=8-3

Samyama - essential for all dedicated advanced yoga practitioners,
_ gave it 5 out of 5!
May 4, 2007

Reviewer: A - See all my reviews

I really enjoyed Yogani's book "Samyama - Cultivating Stillness in Action, Siddhis and Miracles", I think it is an excellent read and essential for anyone on the path who is dedicated to liberating themselves.

This was my favourite of Yogani's "Enlightenment Series Books" as it goes far more extensively into material and methods pertaining to the practice of Samyama than has been published before by Yogani or any other spiritual teacher (to my knowledge) on the subject.

Like all of Yogani's writings, it is well written, clear and easy to understand. I finished it within a few days and it has deepened my meditative practices considerably. The "Cosmic Samyama" practice has been a boon for me and has accelerated my inner expansion in profound ways.

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  3:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Anthem for the reminder.
Yes, the reviews are very helpful.
I include a copy of my own review as well below.

(Five stars) Profound coverage of Samyama Yoga!, March 23, 2007

Yogani's most recent book "Samyama - Stillness in Action, Siddhis and Miracles" has the most thorough coverage of this ancient Yoga technique that I have found. It can be practiced successfully with just a slight emergence of inner silence, which is cultivated by deep meditation, described in an earlier book of his popular Enlightenment Series. The time one needs to set aside daily is very minor, only about 10 minutes or less, and could therefore fit into anybody's schedule.

Samyama could be seen as a crystallization in the outer world of the practitioner of the inner stability and harmony gained through meditation. The implications of this process are huge, even if one only sees it as one's life coming into more order, but often people talk about miracles happening in their lives as well. Yogani doesn't stop, however, with just describing the technique itself, how to practice it and how it works. Another very important aspect of Samyama, as with all Yoga practice, is the science of self-pacing. He teaches us in detail how to moderate our practice to avoid getting too much too soon, which could be overwhelming.

Considering the small size of the book (only about 100 pages), it goes even further however, to go into Samyama and its relation to the rise of the Active Witness, Yoga Nidra, Asanas (yoga postures), the Samyama Sutras of Patanjali, relationship of inner silence and ecstasy, and finally Enlightenment. I would much recommend it!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  3:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes thanks Anthem, below is a copy of my review on the UK site.

Important New Title, 7 Feb 2007
Reviewer: Richard (UK) - See all my reviews
This latest gem from Yogani is an extremely important addition to the series and is an absolute must for all serious practitioners of Yoga and deep meditation. The techniques described in this little book have always been shrouded in mystery and have never been explained in such a clear concise and easily understood way before. Yogani explains beautifully the function of sutras as code words for our deepest needs and desires and shows us the correct way to take them into inner silence.. where by the very nature of inner silence they will be purified and realised only in a way that is truly beneficial to us and those around us.
After Yogani has covered the basic technique of Samyama he then expands it adding a new technique he calls Cosmic Samyama which when practiced in the correct way will in Yogani's words expand our sense of physical awareness within and beyond our body this technique also produces the effect of conscious sleep (Yoga Nidra) another much sought after and misunderstood Yoga practice.
In the Appendix of the book the Yoga sutras of Patanjali are examined especially the third chapter which deals with super normal powers, Yogani explains how these relate to the over all enlightenment journey and experimentation in all these areas by experienced practitioners is encouraged.

Thank you Yogani for this wonderful little book.

Edited by - Richard on May 07 2007 3:59:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  2:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,

For people who live outside the USA like myself and use their local amazon (like amazon.ca in my case), I have nnoticed that reviews don't automatically appear on both their local site and amazon.com. I think it's helpful if you have done a review on one to copy and paste it so it appears on the other as well.

This is easy to do and should help book sales and to spread the word more globally.

all the best,

A

ps- great reviews Richard and Weaver!

Edited by - Anthem on May 12 2007 2:13:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  2:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I think it's helpful if you have done a review on one to copy and paste it so it appears on the other as well.

This is easy to do and should help book sales and to spread the word more globally.

They wont let you do that I have tried. Each site is independent and you have to be a customer of that site before you can post a review. A bit self defeating in my opinion

After all... reviews sell books.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  6:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for pointing that out Richard, I am a member of amazon.com and .ca so didn't pick up on that.

A
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000