Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Bhakti and non-attachment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TensorTympani

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2024 :  3:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I thought about how the desire for the results of yoga practice and non-attachment towards the same results show up in my daily life and during yoga practice, I was reminded of this scene in one of my favorite TV shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELL7hfKYfA

At least for me it seems that they do not show up at the same time but alternate.
What makes me want to meditate is getting the results of the meditation practice (short and long term), but what makes then the meditation practice most effective (both regarding its long term results but also in terms of going deep within each session) is to have an attitude of non-attachment while practicing.

This dance between the two seems to penetrate yoga on all levels.

It feels strange, but also natural at the same time.

I was wondering if there are other fields of human activity where one needs to balance these two for best results. It seems for creative work, having alternating phases of these two (desire and non-attachment towards finishing a project or solving a problem) can also help making progress.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000