Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Cessation experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2024 :  7:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Not a question, just thought I'd share this that happened yesterday-

Yesterday I had a moment at work. I had stopped for a short break in the car and ended up shutting my eyes for a couple minutes, focusing on stillness, not thinking. I went back to the tools, started working again and maybe 15 minutes later this thing happened.

I noticed that I had stopped thinking completely and felt suddenly happy, whole and seemed to have an immense level of clarity, everything was in its place, perfect. . It's a very difficult thing to describe and I can see why people use language that makes it seem like a big flashy spiritual experience when trying to describe this. After thinking about the 20-30 second experience, I realised the closest thing I can relate the experience to is 'waking up in a dream', that is realising that you are dreaming whilst in a dream. Isn't that odd? Of course you will have to have had lucid dreams before, perhaps a few to make that connection otherwise this description wouldn't mean anything to you, but I'm afraid that's the best I can do, aside from saying it was a wonderful few seconds.

I think that through this experience, I have also come to the realisation that for certain, there is a fog that consumes our present perception of reality, and once the fog of the mind starts to dissipate through the cultivation of inner silence (the ability to 'not be captivated by thought') the fog starts to be seen through. And behind the fog is a reality of real happiness and elation, freedom, and yes.... liberation. It is lying there, waiting for us, all we have to do is keep up with our practices.

I have had many experiences of ecstatic currents in the body,bliss, OBE?s and visions in meditation and during the night in bed but I have never had such a profound experience during the day.

Edited by - Drystone on Jan 26 2024 7:50:33 PM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2024 :  06:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2024 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000