Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - May 05 2023 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just wanted to share an insight I had last night.

I was doing my samyama practice last night when I realised that ‘love’ felt the same as the stillness I released it into. This got me thinking that ‘Love’ is actually the act of giving someone your full awareness. This is probably why in some cultures they say ‘I see you’ instead of ‘I love you’?

So in other words Love is seeing the universal self in another?

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - May 05 2023 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So in other words Love is seeing the universal self in another?

As good of a description as any
Go to Top of Page

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - May 05 2023 :  5:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this what Yogani means when he talks about ‘outpouring divine love’? Does he basically mean more consistent pure awareness?
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 15 2023 :  07:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Drystone,

Excellent observation! Yes, Love (same as deep listening) is giving someone your complete Awareness. Outpouring Divine Love is more an active outpour instead of just Stillness, it is Stillness in action.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

DreamWeaver

USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 24 2023 :  3:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful. Reminds me of some quotes by the French philosopher/mystic, Simone Weil.

"Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity."

"The capacity to pay attention to an afflicted person is something very rare, very difficult; it is nearly a miracle. It is a miracle. Nearly all those who believe they have this capacity do not. Warmth, movements of the heart, and pity are not sufficient."

Last summer I met a stranger in the middle of the woods, and we walked for a few hours together talking about tantra, buddhism, enlightenment, etc. We both had our depression and personal traumas, but there was a palpable field of what I would describe as deep peace and love that enveloped us. At one point they said, "It's just nice to be seen." And that was that.

Edited by - DreamWeaver on May 24 2023 10:02:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 25 2023 :  06:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DreamWeaver

Beautiful. Reminds me of some quotes by the French philosopher/mystic, Simone Weil.

"Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity."

"The capacity to pay attention to an afflicted person is something very rare, very difficult; it is nearly a miracle. It is a miracle. Nearly all those who believe they have this capacity do not. Warmth, movements of the heart, and pity are not sufficient."

I was listening to this precise reading of Simone Weil done by Samaneri Jayasaya some weeks ago. Absolutely beautiful. Linked below if you love her works as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKy...cdj&index=33

Sey
Go to Top of Page

DreamWeaver

USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 25 2023 :  2:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's one of my favorites.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 26 2023 :  01:39:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Drystone, Thanks for sharing this insight. It resonates with me. In a recent difficult conversation with my wife I was able to give my full attention/stillness/awareness/nonreactivity to the conversation despite some unpleasant content. That was as close as I think one can get to truly loving another individual.
Go to Top of Page

Jac

Switzerland
28 Posts

Posted - May 26 2023 :  11:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely wonderful ,

Thanks Sey

Jac

Edited by - Jac on May 26 2023 1:34:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000