Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Vibrations in heart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2023 :  12:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone.

After a meditation a couple weeks ago where I felt my heart ‘pop’ I have been increasingly feeling vibrations at the heart area. The vibrations feel similar to the movement of prana at the root, which have been present for around a year. Does anyone have any insight as to what this could be indicative of?

Many thanks,

Tom

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2023 :  1:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tom,

Feeling the heart vibrate and "pop" are signs of an opening of the Anahata chakra, the heart chakra. Other signs are warmth in the middle of the chest (all these physical sensations could go all the way to the back, to the spine), energy, a "spinning" heart, a heart opening, a flower opening in the chest, feelings of love and gratitude, visions of turquoise blue, seeing a certain geometric pattern, hearing a specific sound, and more.

Anahata opens with certain asanas, like cobra, bow, bridge, chakrasana, even triangle, warrior poses, etc. You may feel it open with heart breathing. It may open with spinal breathing and meditation, and metta meditation. But you may feel it when you feel love or gratitude or friendship; when you listen or sing a tender song,or feel connected with someone or something.

At the beginning, the chakra may open and close like a flower, but in time you could open it voluntary. It is a wonderful way to live life - and it comes with being vulnerable, like in the saying "Nothing that is human is foreign to me."

In time, you may also notice secondary centers to the sides of Anahata Chakra, and another one higher on the chest, toward the throat. These four chakras are set in the pattern of a fleur-de-lis, a lily used as a symbol of French royals. The two centers to the sides of Anahata, Manas and Hrit, are involved in higher stages of enlightenment.

So pay attention and enjoy it! The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2023 :  1:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The opening of Anahata Chakra may also come with hearing bells or gongs, unstruck sounds, which give the name of this chakra.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2023 :  03:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Drystone

Unusual inner sensations, unless distressful, are a good sign your yoga discipline is doing its work. Curiosity and surrender are wonderful qualities [:) keep on trucking!
Go to Top of Page

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2023 :  7:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for your replies!

Interesting what you say about ‘Hrit’ as the vibrations are on my left side rather than directly in the centre. I have had many experiences with sensations in the heart centre but this is different, which is why I asked. I wasn’t aware of the other chakras of the heart so that’s an interesting idea to read about. The vibrations tend to happen frequently throughout the day and at the moment provide me with a gentle reminder to be present #128522;

Many thanks again!

Edited by - Drystone on Apr 25 2023 8:22:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2023 :  2:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hrit is felt on the left side of the chest, all the way to the space under the left shoulder. It may be experienced as Shakti ascends, as the Anahata opens and there is a great resonance at this level of the being, and all the heart centers start to open and vibrate, like the cords of a musical instrument. The heart is seen as going on and on, an infinite space containing everything, the entire universe. The heart is the place where everything is held together in love and understanding. There could be glimpses of this before awakening.

On the devotional path, Hrit is where Shakti and Shiva descend after they open the crown and rise. It is an experience of beauty, devotion, and beatitude. It becomes the foundation of another layer of unity, beyond the detached witness of Self-Realization.

Refined perceptions of subtle anatomy and physiology are not a must on the spiritual path. They depend on the specific path of each seeker and what the Divine plans for each. However, pratyahara (bringing the senses within) increases inner perceptions and sensitivity to all. When they happen, they enrich and give another dimension to the spiritual journey.

Edited by - Blanche on Apr 26 2023 4:29:30 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000