Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 mulabandha throughout the day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2023 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if you practice mulabandha throughout the day, or you simply do it during the practices.
I have a tendancy to do it everytime, but i'm not really sure if it is of great help. Many thanks for your answers,
Niels

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2023 :  06:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Niels,

Mulabandha is a component of the sitting practices and hence done during practice times. While I can imagine that doing it all day can give you bursts of ecstatic conductivity and is highly pleasurable, it could lead to over-load. I would discourage practicing it all the time.

kind regards,

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2023 :  11:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As a practitioner I will firstly say that I discourage it unless you are ready to add it to your sitting pranayama...but the Bandha does not seem to give me overloads regardless of how long I use it during the day. A minute of SBP in practice in the other hand does stir the soup profoundly and usually overload me nowadays.

Edited by - Wil on Apr 25 2023 7:10:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2023 :  7:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I did not understand you regarding if you do the bandha willingly. Common sense if it is involuntary (automatic yoga) you should be fine
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2023 :  01:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an “inner guru” thing. Yogis differ greatly. Plus mulabandha strikes me differently on a daily basis. If you are, as Sey suggests, spiritually sensitive, be cautious with mulabandha. Otherwise explore away.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000