Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Spirits on the path...creating a friend?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2023 :  5:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In a certain stage on the path one seems to be susceptible to spirits that are distracting. Yogani and Patanjali points to that.

However, there are these Tulpas that some people seem to create. Simply it is that you spend a lot of time meditating on a personality and perhaps their form and voice, interacting with them, talking with them even trying to hallucinate them, and over time they become facilitated in the mind and your senses.

I am still unsettled but nontheless fascinated by this, I just read about this community that claim to create these mind-ghosts. Mind-ghosts which supposedly becomes autonomous and 'sentient' in your mind and senses. Mostly, Tulpas are used for companionship in the community but originally they came from a Tibetian buddhist tradition it seems. Where the tulpa was supposed to provide guidance and wisdom. You may see some tangents here, perhaps in other religious traditions this has been done?

Well, I would like to discuss this in regard to spirits. Would this count as a distracting spirit? I mean, if I was hypothetically able to create one, and that would probably be a guru/god or something. Would that interfere with practice or are other Spirits responsible for that?

It may be that this is a mind-facilitated being which would work just as any other memory, samskara or whatnot. Risk or no risk? But infused with this meditative focus and interaction, maybe it would make other Spirits attract or stick to your mind?

In the end, if this is a way for me to have an Ishta, I might create one.

Edited by - Wil on Mar 05 2023 5:49:58 PM

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2023 :  01:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot speak of spirits because I have no experience (other than maybe the Holy (inner) Spirit ) but I have been exploring the idea of ishtas as another facilitator of surrender. I searched on the internet images of Shiva & Shakti, as you might imagine there are many, and I was particularly drawn to the ones that morphed them both. In the throws of ecstatic experiences in DM, I simply overlay their image with the experience and radiate within the intimacy of their presence.

The idea of interaction with spirits would seem unsettling, and perhaps have more chances of negative consequences than devotion to an ideal.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000