Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Questions about your experiences with bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  10:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It seems the sentiment for the majority here is that we shouldn't compare experiences, especially those of scenery and the like because of the potential for hindrance on the path due to comparison etc.

However, I think it could be interesting to see the range of personal experiences, I'm particularly interested in the range of experiencing ecstatic bliss. For those that experience ecstatic bliss and are willing to share, I have a few questions. I don't mind sharing either.

How long have you been feeling ecstatic bliss?

Do you experience bliss in all 7 chakras proper?

If so, do they all experience the same amount of bliss?

Do you experience bliss in areas other than the head and spine?

Do you experience bliss from subtle to overwhelmingly ecstatic?

Do you have a degree of control over it?

If so, how much do you think you can control?

Do you have to be still? Can you be active and feel the same ranges of bliss?

What other things are common to experience while experiencing bliss?

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2023 :  7:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Since 2005.

quote:

Only heart and forehead centers, mostly in the forehead. (This answers the two questions that follow)

quote:

Only by the amount of practices I'm doing. Not at the moment it happens, just have to bear it :)

quote:
If so, how much do you think you can control?

I can degenerate, start smoking, eating fast food and ejaculating every day and lose my feelings completely, but I don't think I want to go there.

quote:

It's usually a combination of both stillness and activity. At times you feel the most bliss when you are around people, while doing daily practices.

quote:
What other things are common to experience while experiencing bliss?

A little bit of telepathy is possible, with people who are close to me.

Edited by - Chiron on Feb 22 2023 9:27:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2023 :  10:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow thanks for the reply! very insightful!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2023 :  03:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This yogi has been capable of conductivity since 2018, although it is only been the last couple of years that my AYP practice has matured enough that my attention and intentions have influence. On daily walks outdoors, the environment grounds me (my root chakra seemingly connected to the soles of my feet), and I put gentle attention at the diaphragm/solar center (where I house my inner guru). Inner silence is found in the white noise, and from being as quiet and open as I am capable that day. I start the walk with purposed pace, to elevate the heart, and breath rate.

A variety of sensations arise automatically in this scenario, which are then simultaneously stimulated on the inhale, integrated, and radiated on the exhale, also through the hands, feet, and third eye/face. This circular action happens regularly in the weekly asana class, so naturally, walking can become asana in motion. By the end of the walk, my strut is more of a saunter, my shushumna has expanded like a lung, and is vibrating light and lightness. Thanks to the stability of the outdoors, coupled with (Samyama-influenced) Radience, the danger of overload in this ecstatic exercise is vastly decreased in this yogi’s daily experience.

Bliss with eyes open is much more subtle than the bliss experienced in daily DM, because attention is not divided by the outside world. DM is the center of our practices, and through which our ecstatic beings become realized.

Edited by - Dogboy on Feb 23 2023 03:49:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2023 :  9:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

All my life, but not all the time.

quote:

I don't care much about that and don't like to confine it to such a pattern.

quote:
Do you experience bliss in areas other than the head and spine?

Bliss in silence is everywhere.

quote:
Do you experience bliss from subtle to overwhelmingly ecstatic?

The bliss I experience as a result of my practice is rather subtle but unconditional. However, this showering of grace makes it the most intense also.

quote:

No, and honestly quite recently I realized that my trying to control is stopping the flow :) What is there to control in unconditional bliss?

quote:

I can be active, there is no difference. I think the stillness makes it unconditional.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2023 :  07:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How long have you been feeling ecstatic bliss? I have been practicing AYP for a little under 4 years and have been experiencing periods of ecstatic bliss early in my practices with a slow increase over time.

Do you experience bliss in all 7 chakras proper? I'm not chakra oriented but do now appreciate the connection between the root and the third eye given the focus of the AYP practices. My hands also seem to be strongly linked with ecstatic experiences

If so, do they all experience the same amount of bliss? Third eye and crown seem to be the most effected when the ecstatic energy occurs

How about you luck within you?

Do you experience bliss in areas other than the head and spine? as mentioned I do in the hands and can experience it anywhere in my body if I direct my attention there.

Do you experience bliss from subtle to overwhelmingly ecstatic? yes

Do you have a degree of control over it? Depends. I can, as dogboy often describes, focus the energy and enhance it with intention and attention.

If so, how much do you think you can control? I've had a parallel spiritual path exploring self hypnosis. Both practices have very similar destinations in my experience. Hypnotic triggers are very similar to Samyama sutras for me except they differ in they are more directive. With a word or a thought the energy can be moved.

Do you have to be still? Can you be active and feel the same ranges of bliss? For me the energy is much more powerful at moments of stillness when I am not moving and not distracted.

What other things are common to experience while experiencing bliss? Terminology in your questions may confuse many hear as Yogani differentiates bliss (inner silence) from ecstatic conductivity (which refers to the movement of kundalini energy in the body) from ecstatic bliss which isn't as clearly defined. I experience bliss as a deeply calm state achieved mostly in DM in which my mind is silent, I hear a soothing tone in my head, feel my hands glowing and experience no stress. Bringing attention to the root/third eye path with my mind or breathing can take the blissful state into the ecstatic blissful state.

I have had situations earlier in my practices when ecstatic bliss happened spontaneously and actually led to my finding AYP in an attempt to understand this Kundalini awakening.

Luck within you, What have your experiences been so far?
Go to Top of Page

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2023 :  08:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is all very meaningful to me, thank you for sharing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000