AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Letting go of control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2023 :  3:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What "I" want and what is often is different and causes me inner tension and suffering. For a while now I realized that I'm having a hard time letting go of control. It is really hard to let "it" take over and accept "I" to sit back and relax. I feel like this is a fundamental obstacle on my journey since it directly blocks progress and any form of spiritual energy.

I've always been a lot in my mind and was educated with many beliefs on how things, others or I have to be. It feels very relieving to have come to a point where this understanding becomes present, yet I'm still learning to fully accept. From all the years of spiritual practice, I gained a lot of trust in "it" and from the inside feel like I want to let go. Still, my mind continues to create illusions and makes me suffer.

I see a paradox, which is that "I" want to discard the "I" itself. But if I cannot let go, who then can? When will the "I" finally give up?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000