Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Strange vibration and sounds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jotagui

Brazil
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2022 :  11:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone ever felt, during meditation, a strange feeling like the body suddenly shutting down, a strong vibration along the spine (like an electric current), and noises such as oscilating frequencies or rushing sounds? Also, it can be followed by a sense of peace and no awareness of the body.

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2022 :  1:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jotagui,

Your observation shows that you are becoming aware of the prana or energy body. We are much more than the physical body, and it is a rich journey to discover what we are. This is very good.

There is much more to come, so keep practicing. Good things are happening.
Go to Top of Page

jotagui

Brazil
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2022 :  4:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Blanche!
you see, that actually never happened to me while meditating, but while sleeping. Sometimes, especially early in the morning, before I actually wake up, I get a glimpse of awareness while still sleeping, and I feel those things I've mentioned above. I was able to actually feel myself outside my physical body a few times. That being said, I started to approach meditation as a form of conscious sleep. Sitting still and focusing the mind (to remain aware during the entire process) long enough so that the body shuts down, as if one were sleeping, but still aware. Maybe meditation is a way of tricking the organism into thinking we are sleeping, and as soon as it shuts down while we still aware, we tune out of the external world and gain awareness of the internal processes and new dimensions. Does that make any sense? I'm still working on my meditation practices, because I was neve able to induce that state at will. I am also getting initiation in Kriya Yoga next week =)
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2022 :  2:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jotagui,

Whenever you noticed these things, they are still a sign that you are becoming aware of your energy body. Yes, it can happen to notice that we are aware before we wake up. Yes, we become aware of more dimensions. And there is much more to it. Read the AYP lessons for a more detailed understanding. Usually in sleep we lose awareness at that point. In meditation, we can go much deeper, not only beyond the body, but beyond the emotions and beyond the mind, where there is awareness without any content. In happens in small increments from the very beginning of meditation, but as we are not use to it, we do not relate to it, and do not recognize it. It goes by without us noticing it. With a regular meditation practice, these periods become more obvious.

Like in almost anything else in life, there is no trick to meditation. We have to do it. You have here the AYP deep meditation, or you can choose another method that suits you. Practice it regularly and it will pay off.

Best wishes on your chosen path.

Go to Top of Page

jotagui

Brazil
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2022 :  01:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanche!

Yes, I have read most of the lessons on the AYP website. I was just wondering in which one of the stages does this vibration and sound occur? I'm guessing it's beyond pratyahara, since the mind at that point is not capturing any external stimuli, and all of the sudden, all I can perceive are (sometimes overwhelming) internal phenomenon. Or is THAT what causes the mind to interiorize completely? Also, from pratyahara to samadhi, all those stages happen while in deep meditation? What I mean is, you sit and start doing the "I AM" mantra, and with time and practice you go through all those stages?

thank you!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2022 :  1:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jotagui,

The vibration and sound are symptoms of purification. You also notice them because your inner perception become more refined with spiritual practices.

As about the question regarding how we go to samadhi, the answer is yes and no. As we practice meditation, we go through stages: we bring the attention to the inside and notice (pratyahara), introduce the mantra and put our attention on it again and again (concentration - dharana), until at times the attention naturally effortlessly stays with the mantra (meditation - dhyana), and then samadhi occurs - and then it ends and we notice that we are not with the mantra and go back to it.

An experience meditator can skip some of the stages and go directly to meditation or samadhi. They sit, say the mantra a couple of time, and disappear in samadhi for the rest of the session.

In time, you notice that you live in multiple dimensions. On one of them, you are always in samadhi. It is a natural state. Being aware of all these other dimensions comes with a new way of functioning. You are a multiple dimension being, living simultaneously multiple existences - and there is only One here, being everything and not doing anything.

Just continue with the practice. It is good to accept the symptoms, and just let them be. Kundalini knows what it is doing. The mind will never understand, because all this is beyond the mind. You will know it when you become aware that you are THAT.

Living a Sattvic life will make the process of spiritual transformation smoother and easier.
Go to Top of Page

jotagui

Brazil
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2022 :  12:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanche! thank you!
I just feel the need to put all those concepts in a way that it makes sense to me, because there's A LOT of information online and the hard thing is to filter everything.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000