AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Vanishing Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2022 :  3:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

when I started spiritual practices about 6 years ago I had a lot of curiosity and questions when it comes to yoga. I‘ve read so many books to find answers and was amazed by all the knowledge. Also when talking to teachers I would have asked questions without a break. What is this practice about? What is the meaning of this? Why do I experience this? And so on.
During the last months I realized that during the last 1-2 years all this questioning somehow stopped. I don‘t feel very interested in reading spiritual books at the moment and also when in the presence of teachers I don‘t feel a need to ask anything but rather just enjoy their presence.

During my Samyama practice I use the „I thought. Who am I“ for about a year now. When I am in silence after listening to the sutra I feel no need to find something, but rather just embrace silence.
To me it seems a bit like by letting this fundamental question be in silence, the questioning itself becomes silent. As I am making this thread I wonder whether this subsiding of questioning is a lack of bhakti or curiosity for progress or a good thing. Or it seems I‘m holding on to having questions.

I would be happy to hear of your experience :)

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2022 :  05:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
During my Samyama practice I use the „I thought. Who am I“ for about a year now. When I am in silence after listening to the sutra I feel no need to find something, but rather just embrace silence.
To me it seems a bit like by letting this fundamental question be in silence, the questioning itself becomes silent. As I am making this thread I wonder whether this subsiding of questioning is a lack of bhakti or curiosity for progress or a good thing. Or it seems I‘m holding on to having questions.

My progress lately is the strong presence of silence and openness, and going beyond the limits of my flesh. There is now a palpable difference in dropping sutras and/or questions into silence, a direct line to my unknown self.

I don’t believe it is lack of Bhakti or curiosity in my humble opinion, I’m guessing you’re just feeling the weight of silent presence, and if you’re holding on to questions, there is no need you can just unload them there, and be, open, to whatever comes next.

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 22 2022 05:14:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2022 :  1:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lightandlove,

You are experiencing the natural settling of the mind in the inner silence, just as you say. When the mind is quiet, the questions go away. We realize that what we are looking for is not in the mind, and q&a will never be enough to fulfill us. Only practice can bring us deeper, clearer to what is already present.

It is not unusual for example that even when we think we have questions, things we need to inquire or ask for in samyama, they all go away when we practice. There is a deep contentment. The attachments fade away. Then we can go deeper and deeper - until we come to find out that what we are is everything! What more can we ask for? It is already more than we could have ever dreamed.

The guru is in you!
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2022 :  8:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lightandlove, I can relate to your experience. I haven't posted as many questions on this forum lately as I find the answers are more available to me or I just don't care about the questions as much. I continue to have a strong desire to awaken, just coming to accept it requires a new toolkit, i.e. letting go of the ego and its need for mental effort to gain insight.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000