Enlightenment Milestones
 Where does it end ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bazar74

France
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2022 :  4:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I would to try explaining what i have been experiencing for few month. But before i do so, i need to remind myself that he who speaks doesn't know and he who doesn't speak knows.

After 4 years of pratice of meditation with AYP, i am wondering : This method brought me the means to express how i was feeling inside and by doing so, it opened my life to so much more... At the time i am writing this, I can sit most of my days in a delightfull bliss and my life seems to be unfolding as i am watching it without really having the need to have anything different.

But after all, this situation brought some questions to me : am i suppose to stop my practive at some point ? Do i really need to be doint it everyday like before ? And it caught me again, i started to feel scared to stop because what if i lose all of this ?

I know that with time, these questions will no longer exist and just disolve by themselves. But right now, it feels very good to be writing about them.

Thank you all for reading,

Bazar

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2022 :  7:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bazar, Your first sentence may have kept people from responding as you've set us up to disappoint you if we "speak". Yogani repeatedly encourages people to continue the practices ongoing, as he claims to do. Many long standing practitioners find they don't need to do as much to keep things going (the flywheel effect). Your fear you will loose these feelings is worth exploring. Yogani does suggest abiding inner silence persists even if you do stop. I imagine the ecstatic energies may diminish some if attention is not brought to them regularly.Having had similiar concerns over time I've realized there is an attachment to the pleasant, why wouldn't there be. Ultimately these practices are all about letting go. The "destination" if there is one is not in sitting in a state of bliss but outpouring of divine love into the world.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2022 :  09:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bazar,

As interpaul mentioned, experiencing bliss is simply a stage on the path. It is one of the factors of enlightenment, along with ecstasy. The journey, after the stage of bliss, takes us to unity, liberation and love. In the state of unity, there can be no fearing that we will lose anything, because we know that we do not have anything and that there is no one who could have anything.

These stages of enlightenment are discussed in this lesson:

Lesson 35 - Enlightenment Milestones

and this one:

Lesson 85 - Enlightenment Milestones Revisited

As we begin to move into the unity/ divine love stage, our path begins to naturally include service to others. Many people are suffering in the world, and we will want to help them, out of compassion and love. How we go about doing that, is different for everyone. But this is why high level yogis do not sit around in caves all day. They are out in the world helping people. The cave part, (or practicing in our room) is a stage, in preparation for that.

This whole process of transition, from bliss, to ecstatic-bliss, to unity and divine love, has as much to do with kundalini, as it does with inner silence. For the heart to fully open, first the prana has to purify the lower six chakras, and then reach the crown. After that, it will descend back down into the heart, completing the process of kundalini. Then everything is open and flowing: The heart, the crown, and everything inside the body, and outside it.

This process is described in this lesson:

Lesson 274 - What's the End Game in Yoga?

So, yes, it is necessary to continue with spiritual practices, even if it feels as if it is not. What you are going through is actually one of the dangerous stages on the spiritual path, because it relates to motivation for practice. In the beginning, we want to practice because we suffer from the constant ups and downs of desire and attachments/ aversions. In the middle stages of the path, when we experience only bliss, there can be little motivation for practice. In the later stages, we want to practice to help alleviate the suffering of others in the world, even as we see those "others" as nothing but our own true nature.

Whether we make it through the middle stage or not, depends on a number of factors. One is our bhakti, or level of spiritual desire, that we began the path with, and cultivated along the way. Another is the momentum that we built up with our practices in the early stages of the path. If that momentum is strong, then it can carry us through. Another is the "flywheel effect" that interpaul mentioned. The process of energetic clearing will continue, because of the momentum and bhakti, and the flywheel effect, if these three are strong enough, the process will reach the heart, and we will naturally be carried into unity, liberation, and service to others.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2022 :  09:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bazar,

Reference to the first statement, I often find myself having to decide - should I speak up? I second-guess myself - am I speaking from a place of ego /spiritual superiority or a genuine wish to be of help? Would what I have to say be of use in this situation? In truth I often blab and later think - that was useless. Some times what I thought was useless, was actually useful for someone.
Now to your questions:
No, you are not supposed to stop practices at any point in your journey except when in need of self-pacing to the point of stopping practices.
Yes, you need to do it every day like before.

Feeling scared that you would lose "all this" if you stop is common and I have no proof but yes, I think you would lose it. Your mirror would simply get dirty again if you stop cleaning it. (IMO)

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2022 :  03:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
After 4 years of pratice of meditation with AYP, i am wondering : This method brought me the means to express how i was feeling inside and by doing so, it opened my life to so much more... At the time i am writing this, I can sit most of my days in a delightfull bliss and my life seems to be unfolding as i am watching it without really having the need to have anything different.

But after all, this situation brought some questions to me : am i suppose to stop my practive at some point ? Do i really need to be doint it everyday like before ?

Welcome Bazar

I am nine years AYP this month. Inner Guru has revealed I am to simplify my basic practices and to radiate Bhakti forth, into everyday living. The “flywheel effect” Interpaul speaks of, for me means just minutes of SBP to trace the spine, to survey my body, to quiet and release all thought, in preparation for the act of gentle attention on the mantra as I slip into DM. One of my siddhis is the presence of white noise above my left ear, which expands with intention and attention (inner silence). Simply by attending to the mantra and bathing in the white noise, I ‘arrive’ effortlessly.

Last year, my mantra was at full enhancement. Inner Guru pared it back to AYAM at the beginning of this year, to be done in a whisper (also while passing sutras in Samyama) seemingly promoting deeper silence within this yogi.

Samyama sutras are invoked once, at thirty second intervals, floating away on sensation. ‘Less’ has proven ‘more’ for me, nine years in. Interestingly, my rest period has increased, as it physically feels I am grounding after practice, resting with my third eye touching the back of my hands or the floor, excess energy draining outwardly.

In our quest achieve ‘liberation’ we must prepare ourselves via silence and sensations; prime ourselves to perhaps, one day, burst through the crown and melt back down. Our daily time in meditation gives us a taste of what may await us beyond our limits of the flesh. The sensations and silence we cultivate in our practices spills out of us into daily interactions with ourselves and others, and promotes us in making better choices and being better beings. It is important for the greater good to sustain our yoga on a daily basis. We should handle blissful sensations in the spirit of surrender and non attachment; just as bird song truly belongs in nature, not confined to a cage.

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 10 2022 03:06:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000