AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 pregnancy and kundalini...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  9:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have active kundalini as of as recent as the past couple months and I do the AYP suggestions for meditation twice daily. I'm considering getting pregnant in a few years. How might my kundalini awakening affect the baby? Is it beneficial? How might I be affected by the baby's energy?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 28 2007 5:36:09 PM

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  01:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, what an amazing question.

I eagerly await a reply, almost as much as you I'm sure.

Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  10:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chard
Is it beneficial? How might I be affected by the baby's energy?

When I got pregnant with my son........The negativity was so high towards me..........with both families(parents never approved of the relationship)
I can make you roll with tears from some of my real experiences.

STORY 1
The second house we moved into had alot of negativity I picked up on the scenes that occured there unfortunately....anyway a young girl was beaten to death by her parents ....she was pregnant......
something was still present in the house....it never bothered me too much....but it did a wonderful job with my hubby at the time.....

anyways the first day I spent there I remember lying down on the bed .....so tired....

very soon I heard a loud noise.....the windows were shut tightly the doors were closed......I never bothered..

I do remember though being scared.....also praying right before I lay down asking GOD to protect me and my baby and leaving us in his hands.........

About 5 minutes after I decided to get up and check the noise

8 months pregnant and getting up is indeed a task

this time I opened my eyes before I got up..........

What was in front of me to my horror...........

was the iron window rod pointing at an angle a few cm away from my pregnant belly....

I don't know how the rod never completely fell off
I don't know what held it there ......to me it seemed as if it was magically suspended...........

I was soon in tears after I angled my way out.......whatever it was that saved me I just thank God

I remember distinctively the wind blowing around me and intuition guiding me.........during those moments.....

Evidence that a little shakti can help during pregnancy......

STORY 2

When I got pregnant I had just started a job....I was still doing degree....the child father was really doing not much of anything

Everything was on my shoulders

rent,groceries......breakfast,lunch,dinner and laundry

Many mornings I woke up tired.......I never had a proper breakfast and never had enough money to buy anything to eat......I always had to cook....and most times when I finish cooking I would always lose my apetite.

I remember always praying in my mind......considering those skipped meals as fasting.........

it was my little way of talking to GOD.........
at that time my faith in God was strong but I never thought he was actually hearing me

THen one morning in the AC at work I felt a swirling wind on my forehead and cool air flowing through my nostrils....and my body being sustained or filled with something.....

something nice
soemthing rejuvenating
soemthing so wonderful at that time I could not have shared it with anyone............
I never felt hungry.......nor sick...not even vomited
but I know there was always a constant something

Kundalini wasn't active then as it is now......but life within you would be further protected....

My son is also very intuitive......and did born with a certain amount or level of shakti....

He can see things that others cannot....but this is common in children

His memory is great and most of all despite all the horrendous episodes he was born, healthy and alive.

The only problem I experienced being pregnant is that I couldn't stand being too close to commuters in the taxi....almost as if being near some people just made me digusted.

I spent alot of time crying something strange for a supposedly strong person at that time......

STORY 3

When my son was born..........I had to have a C-section

it didn't go too well ....apparently I had seizures while they were operating......they said I almost died....they never explained anything to me

While under morphine....of course youcan heaqr everything and very much conscious but barely move....I recalled the sound of waves....spiraling winds over my body...I also remember feeling the breeze over my entire body

Nobody paid the nursing home so they just didn't bother to attend to me they left me on the bed no drips no needed blood....

No the hubby was no where around.....he couldn't have paid for anything

the second day a nurse woke me and told me to get up.....I asked her to open the windows once more I enjoyed the beautiful breeze...

she looked at me and held up the curtains.........

there was nothing there but a wall......

I still don't know where those wave sounds and spiralling winds came from....

after 5 days in the hospital and the first day home the winds returned.....I was too tired to question it I fell asleep

after two weeks my stomach was flatter than before I looked years younger and my doctor was amazed at how i fit into those jeans

he just passed my excellent recovery to being young.....

You see now, shakti once active will always take care of you and your baby and will defy all odds.

You really have to keep faith in GOD!

I hope my experiences helped a little

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very moving and amazing stories !
Thank you Neesha !

Love and Light
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will tell you what I think. I don't have any proof of what I am saying. All of this is just opinions and inferences...

I cannot tell you exactly when my kundalini awoke... I cannot tell you what it felt like, I have no clear recollection of kundalini.. I did not even know about kundalini till a few years back. But all the stuff I hear from people who say their kundalini is awake, I had well before I had my kids.

So I am going to say I had a very active kundalini when I got pregnant (and I did not know that of course). Active kundalini, that is not regulated with some kind of practice can result in crown activity and/or depression. I had loads of both. So pregnancy did not help. Along with kundalini and hormones gone wild and depression it was not much fun. Natural child birth can give the kundalini energy a big boost(so I have heard). So overall after my first child, I started a downward spiral. Within a little over a year of my first child, I was pregnant with my second. This definitely did not help. And after the second one, I was in a full blown depression, and an overactive crown. Mind you, I had no idea kundalini had anything to do with this... postpartum depression.. that is what I thought I had.. but it was one long postpartum depression.. 5 years long.

Today when I think about it, I know if I had some inner silence, a bit of understanding of kundalini and all that I know about self inquiry, I would not have suffered through any of the things I did. See, our practice is designed to tame an overactive kundalini (and yes I know not everyone agrees with me.. that's fine.. but my kundalini came under control only after I got into a structured practice). Its a double edged sword. If you don't do any, you will have a kundalini flare up and if you do too much you will have a flare up too.. so finding the balance that works for you is the key.

Chard, you say in a couple of years you plan on having a baby. Which is good. You have some time to get into a good twice a day routine of meditation, spinal breathing etc. You will soon learn what self pacing is all about. You will be able to identify loads of feelings, reactions that come with practice. You will have inner silence and hopefully some self inquiry built into your life by then. So for you, pregnancy, child birth and the blessings of motherhood.. will be (IMHO) an experience to enjoy. Today, when I know how to not get sucked into a depression.. I think if I knew then, what I know now.. I would have enjoyed every moment of that blessed time. However I accept, everything happens for a reason... and maybe I can tell you this today because I actually lived through that experience.

How it affects your child.. I don't know.. I have very normal kids.. very bright and intelligent.. but that may have nothing to do with kundalini.. but more with genetics.. ummm from their dad's side.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  12:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Chard,
I want to mention something that I read that might be of interest to you.

A woman named Jinjee Talifero, of www.thegardendiet.com, has shared her experiences of giving birth to four children. I recall in her writings that she did not feel pain, but was in a heightened state of ecstacy during labor. Her diet is raw/living food and I think she practices physical postures, meditation, and pranayam.

If you are interested send me a message and I will direct you to her writings as well as the writings of her husband Storm, who was the midwife.

Sincerely, Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  12:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard
quote:

I have active kundalini as of as recent as the past couple months and I do the AYP suggestions for meditation twice daily. I'm considering getting pregnant in a few years. How might my kundalini awakening affect the baby? Is it beneficial? How might I be affected by the baby's energy?

I was in India a couple of years ago and I found a book on Kundalini awakening. It had a number of chapters which were basically all warnings about awakening kundalini. After all the warnings, there was a chapter on various methods to awaken kundalini. The first method was simple. It said you had to be born to two parents who are already kundalini awakened. Just in passing, I think that is what the festival we have all just been celebrating was all about. If you look carefully at the nativity pictures, you will see Mary, Joseph and Jesus, all with golden halos around their heads. The golden halo is symbolic of the awakened crown chakra, caused by the awakened kundalini.
I don't know if you have already decided who will be the father of your child, but if you haven't, look for someone with a silver/ gold shine around their head. If you have already a father in mind, and his shine needs polishing, introduce him to AYP practices. You will be doing your baby (and yourself) a great service.

I was kundalini awakened before I fathered my two children, and they are amazing. My eldest daughter who is 4 years old is kundalini awakened. A few weeks ago she described to me what the inside of the sushumna nadi looks like (from the ajna chakra going foreward) and told me about the light that she sees at the end of it.
Christi

Edited by - Christi on Jan 11 2007 12:41:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  2:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for the helpful response, Shanti!

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

I will tell you what I think. I don't have any proof of what I am saying. All of this is just opinions and inferences...

I cannot tell you exactly when my kundalini awoke... I cannot tell you what it felt like, I have no clear recollection of kundalini.. I did not even know about kundalini till a few years back. But all the stuff I hear from people who say their kundalini is awake, I had well before I had my kids.

So I am going to say I had a very active kundalini when I got pregnant (and I did not know that of course). Active kundalini, that is not regulated with some kind of practice can result in crown activity and/or depression. I had loads of both. So pregnancy did not help. Along with kundalini and hormones gone wild and depression it was not much fun. Natural child birth can give the kundalini energy a big boost(so I have heard). So overall after my first child, I started a downward spiral. Within a little over a year of my first child, I was pregnant with my second. This definitely did not help. And after the second one, I was in a full blown depression, and an overactive crown. Mind you, I had no idea kundalini had anything to do with this... postpartum depression.. that is what I thought I had.. but it was one long postpartum depression.. 5 years long.

Today when I think about it, I know if I had some inner silence, a bit of understanding of kundalini and all that I know about self inquiry, I would not have suffered through any of the things I did. See, our practice is designed to tame an overactive kundalini (and yes I know not everyone agrees with me.. that's fine.. but my kundalini came under control only after I got into a structured practice). Its a double edged sword. If you don't do any, you will have a kundalini flare up and if you do too much you will have a flare up too.. so finding the balance that works for you is the key.

Chard, you say in a couple of years you plan on having a baby. Which is good. You have some time to get into a good twice a day routine of meditation, spinal breathing etc. You will soon learn what self pacing is all about. You will be able to identify loads of feelings, reactions that come with practice. You will have inner silence and hopefully some self inquiry built into your life by then. So for you, pregnancy, child birth and the blessings of motherhood.. will be (IMHO) an experience to enjoy. Today, when I know how to not get sucked into a depression.. I think if I knew then, what I know now.. I would have enjoyed every moment of that blessed time. However I accept, everything happens for a reason... and maybe I can tell you this today because I actually lived through that experience.

How it affects your child.. I don't know.. I have very normal kids.. very bright and intelligent.. but that may have nothing to do with kundalini.. but more with genetics.. ummm from their dad's side.

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  2:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm very interested please send me the info

quote:
Originally posted by Hunter

Hello Chard,
I want to mention something that I read that might be of interest to you.

A woman named Jinjee Talifero, of www.thegardendiet.com, has shared her experiences of giving birth to four children. I recall in her writings that she did not feel pain, but was in a heightened state of ecstacy during labor. Her diet is raw/living food and I think she practices physical postures, meditation, and pranayam.

If you are interested send me a message and I will direct you to her writings as well as the writings of her husband Storm, who was the midwife.

Sincerely, Hunter

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  5:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  8:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a connection I made that I wanted to share (it's more for a chuckle than anything

Now I've never been pregnant but my good friend is due to have a baby in 2 months and I'm frequently around her so it got me thinking ... HAVING A KUNDALINI AWAKENING IS JUST LIKE GETTING PREGNANT....
for some of us, we spend years planning to have one- we've read the books, we know what to expect, we've done the groundwork (meditation, etc)... and for others it is this unplanned spontaneous event (maybe you got drunk one night, had sex and got pregnnt and didn't even realize that you had sex!!) and all of a sudden you're pregnant with a life inside of you that you didn't plan!
And with Kundalini, abortion is not an option!
Some of us didn't even know what kundalini was, so it's like having sex and not even knowing what a baby is! Then your body/mind starts to transform, some of us have emotional upheavals some have physical symptoms and then all the while people tell you that is this tremendous gift and you feel like you were hit by a truck! Oh and while true pregnancy is this beautiful phenomenon that can be casually shared with joy with just about everyone, in this case 99% of people don't even know what kundalini is! One person thought it was like pasta..linguini! (Ahh the isolation!!)
So they say, once a parent always a parent, except with kundalini, it goes beyond this lifetime!
Plus, certain things that could be done with ease before the kundalini pregnancy (i.e. ujjai breathing for me) cannot currently be done without inbalancing the rest of your day. So I'm the pregnant lady in the mainstream yoga class that while everyone else is standing on their heads, I'm in sivasana! ....

Oh, and AYP is like the birthing classes we take to prepare for delivery, right!
So lets just hope birth (enlightenment) is blissfully ecstatic rather than painful!!!! Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  08:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chard

This is a connection I made that I wanted to share (it's more for a chuckle than anything

Now I've never been pregnant but my good friend is due to have a baby in 2 months and I'm frequently around her so it got me thinking ... HAVING A KUNDALINI AWAKENING IS JUST LIKE GETTING PREGNANT....
for some of us, we spend years planning to have one- we've read the books, we know what to expect, we've done the groundwork (meditation, etc)... and for others it is this unplanned spontaneous event (maybe you got drunk one night, had sex and got pregnnt and didn't even realize that you had sex!!) and all of a sudden you're pregnant with a life inside of you that you didn't plan!
And with Kundalini, abortion is not an option!
Some of us didn't even know what kundalini was, so it's like having sex and not even knowing what a baby is! Then your body/mind starts to transform, some of us have emotional upheavals some have physical symptoms and then all the while people tell you that is this tremendous gift and you feel like you were hit by a truck! Oh and while true pregnancy is this beautiful phenomenon that can be casually shared with joy with just about everyone, in this case 99% of people don't even know what kundalini is! One person thought it was like pasta..linguini! (Ahh the isolation!!)
So they say, once a parent always a parent, except with kundalini, it goes beyond this lifetime!
Plus, certain things that could be done with ease before the kundalini pregnancy (i.e. ujjai breathing for me) cannot currently be done without inbalancing the rest of your day. So I'm the pregnant lady in the mainstream yoga class that while everyone else is standing on their heads, I'm in sivasana! ....

Oh, and AYP is like the birthing classes we take to prepare for delivery, right!
So lets just hope birth (enlightenment) is blissfully ecstatic rather than painful!!!! Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000