Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Energy or flickering eyes in meditaiton
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2022 :  11:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I want to reassure that I am not tensing my eyes and getting distracted. Is it normal that eyes are flickering when your are devotional in meditation? Im clueless because sometimes the devotional returning to the mantra feels frictional. I guess the guru is in me, so devotion is fine as long as one follows the simple procedure of the meditation?

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2022 :  12:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wil,

When the ajna chakra is activating it can cause the eyes to flutter during practices, or even at times outside of practices. Other symptoms can include swirling sensations in front of the forehead, flashing lights, and a sense of "pressure" at the forehead or inside the head coming back from the forehead. There can also be visions, such as seeing angels and temples in heaven, seeing distant places, or seeing into the past or future.

Some people experience only a few of these symptoms, whilst others experience many of them. It is all treated as scenery on the path, and we continue with our practices.

During Deep Meditation, there can be some friction when returning to the mantra, whilst inner purification is happening. That is also treated as scenery.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2022 :  9:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the clarification. Interesting sceneries.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2022 :  10:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Going of on a tangent here but could you say that doing samyama on bhakti is possible? Maybe they could overlap? Im happily confused over this
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2022 :  5:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wil, I experience flickering of the eyes when I do self hypnosis. It has some definite overlaps with meditation for me. I looked it up online and it seems flickering of the eyes is pretty common in a hypnotic state. Again hypnosis and meditation are different but I believe neurophysiologically they have similarities, at least experiencially for me. Since returning to the mantra is causing friction you might be fighting this deep state. I wonder if you were easier with the whole process, i.e. favor the mantra in a very gentle way. It is possible you've gone very deep.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2022 :  11:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Intreresting point of view Interpaul. I have never experienced hypnosis. What hypnosis do you do Interpaul? I am intrerested in trying on myself.

Regarding my question on Bhakti and Samyama, I meant to ask if one can practice samyama on the devotional state and if that is prefered to staying in intense devotion? My guess is that Samyama is in favour for my path, maybe that is what AYP is trying to tell me too? I have now had experiences where there is bliss if I feel bhakti but also if I let go in samyama. And yes, bhakti emerges from doing samyama too. Maybe I answered my own question? These experiences occur outside of practice when I don't favour meditation or samyama.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2022 :  07:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wil, I don't know that I can be of much help in recommending a hypnosis path. Mostly self hypnosis after having been hypnotized in the past. Yogani often speaks of the way various practices interrelate. I believe my exposure to AYP has primed my mind to experience various trigger words like a Samyama sutra released into stillness. As Yogani often warns though we can't know how combining practices may play out in an individual therefore I wouldn't want to be responsible for causing instability in anyone here. I was mostly responding to the flickering of the eyes, something I'd noticed recently.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2022 :  6:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alright Interpaul. I will then lean on the side of caution. I really do see meditation as a kind of super hypnosis. Other then that I'm not sure how it works. I have always thought it was foolish to get hypnotized and it never worked unless perhaps if I have done hypnosis on myself before sleep and with the purpose of sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2022 :  6:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samyama, cosmic or basic, has hypnotic elements in my experience
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000