Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Brahmacharya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JShu

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2022 :  07:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
With divine grace for more than now 12 years, I have been able to maintain brahmacharya. Meaning no sex or mastrubation. Far and few between I do have sort of wet dreams where semen either escapes or I am alert enough in my sleep to wake up and stop it from discharging.

Question: How do I now leverage this store of energy? Have read in several books that if you maintain brahmacharya for 12 years, a lot of spiritual energy is stored and may result in something very positive.

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2022 :  2:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JShu,

It actually depends a lot on what your spiritual practices are. Someone could be celibate their whole life, and many people are, but it may not lead to any particular benefit spiritually.

So, it is spiritual practices that purify the subtle nervous system, causing prana to rise and leading to an awakening. In this situation, where someone has a regular spiritual practice, there can be a benefit in practicing celibacy, or using Tantric sexual practices if someone is sexually active, as there will be more prana available for the awakening process, and less prana lost.

All of this is discussed in Yogani's book on Tantra. It is available to purchase here. It is also available to read online (with audio) on the AYP Plus subscription site here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2022 :  2:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome JShu

As we are all very different, in capability, background, karma, outlook, devotion, insight, there is no answer that can fully satisfy your question. I am of the mindset that bramacharya need not be so rigid to be an effective spiritual fuel (12 years!) for your spiritual journey, as many yogis have life partners that they need to satisfy and consider. If this path is working for you individually, then that is terrific.

So how does an automobile owner leverage a full tank of gas? They should be disciplined to maintain the engine with proper fluid levels, and drive their vehicle in a respectful manner so as not to harm the engine or the other vehicles on the road as they embark on their journey. They should keep an eye on the gauges to know how the vehicle is performing, and address any concerns that arise. They should show gratitude to the vehicle by keeping it clean and looking nice. They should not overfill the tank as the fuel will spill and affect themselves and others at the gas station. In other words, continue to observe and follow the eight limbs of yoga, especially the ones that resonate with you, with the intention of respect, gratitude, discipline,and and reverence, for this is the best way to get the most out of what you have.
Go to Top of Page

JShu

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  05:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi. That does make sense. Practicing of kriya yoga is off and on. Basically have been initiated by a mahatma who comes from the followership of Babaji. So whenever I sit in mediation, some of the kriyas and bandhas happen automatically. Each session will last anywhere between 12 minutes to 75 minutes depending on regularity of siting in mediation.

I will certainly read the book you recommended.
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi JShu,

It actually depends a lot on what your spiritual practices are. Someone could be celibate their whole life, and many people are, but it may not lead to any particular benefit spiritually.

So, it is spiritual practices that purify the subtle nervous system, causing prana to rise and leading to an awakening. In this situation, where someone has a regular spiritual practice, there can be a benefit in practicing celibacy, or using Tantric sexual practices if someone is sexually active, as there will be more prana available for the awakening process, and less prana lost.

All of this is discussed in Yogani's book on Tantra. It is available to purchase here. It is also available to read online (with audio) on the AYP Plus subscription site here.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

JShu

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  05:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy. Brahmacharya is working for me in the sense that there are no obstacles or temptations as goal in this life is to realize Self. Life is quite simple and private. Reaching an age where I can devote more and more time towards my goal stated above. Thanks for all the knowledge and experience sharing!
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Welcome JShu

As we are all very different, in capability, background, karma, outlook, devotion, insight, there is no answer that can fully satisfy your question. I am of the mindset that bramacharya need not be so rigid to be an effective spiritual fuel (12 years!) for your spiritual journey, as many yogis have life partners that they need to satisfy and consider. If this path is working for you individually, then that is terrific.

So how does an automobile owner leverage a full tank of gas? They should be disciplined to maintain the engine with proper fluid levels, and drive their vehicle in a respectful manner so as not to harm the engine or the other vehicles on the road as they embark on their journey. They should keep an eye on the gauges to know how the vehicle is performing, and address any concerns that arise. They should show gratitude to the vehicle by keeping it clean and looking nice. They should not overfill the tank as the fuel will spill and affect themselves and others at the gas station. In other words, continue to observe and follow the eight limbs of yoga, especially the ones that resonate with you, with the intention of respect, gratitude, discipline,and and reverence, for this is the best way to get the most out of what you have.

Go to Top of Page

ShamsOfTabriz

France
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2023 :  12:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello JShu, do you know if this person that initiated you have an email where we can reach him to ask more information about the initiation and maybe recieve it also ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000