Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Queen of Sheba
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  11:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Queen of Sheba
Queen of fate
Bring me God’s redeeming grace

The moon is hidden, the night is black
I cannot see my way
A lonely man on a desert dune
Waiting patiently for day

Queen of wisdom
Queen of love
Light my way like stars above

A distant flicker, a fire’s light?
Or maybe just my eyes
I know I am alone out here
I know I am alone

Queen of magic
Queen of spells
Soothe this heart where sorrow dwells

A warm embrace, a gentle kiss
A whisper in my ear
To give me courage in the dark
To help me face my fears

Queen of Sheba
Queen of fate
Bring me God’s redeeming grace

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2021 :  12:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2021 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, are you alone? It seems that at least Queen of Sheba is here, too. Who is she? Who is she to you? Here is her gift to you.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2021 :  5:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kcherry, It sounds like you are going through a dark night of the soul. You are not alone. Within the stillness of meditation is a warm embrace awaiting you.
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2021 :  6:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Blanche Who is she? Good question. She's the one who calls me forward and reminds me who I am. But I've lost sight of my self of late and crave to be looked at with knowing kindness. I think she's internal...perhaps another name for Shakti in my mind.

Interpaul, it does feel rather like a dark night, though it's been on/off like this for years now. I can only hope it's just a long one. Thank you for reminding me I'm not alone.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2021 :  02:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
But I've lost sight of my self of late and crave to be looked at with knowing kindness. I think she's internal...perhaps another name for Shakti in my mind.

You are discovering your other within, that you in fact are they.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000