Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 pre-amrita sensation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  02:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

It has been a while since I posted last. I think I have found my comfortable self-paced practice: 2 minutes SBP and 20-min meditation mostly twice a day in siddhasana. For the last 3-4 months, I have consistently added the 9 Samyama sutras. My intent is to favor inner silence over ecstatic conductivity. It has been working nicely with sometimes I felt like I was in pre-witness stage.

Recently, I have been getting a heavy sensation in the back of the upper palate and above that inside the nasal cavity. I am curious to see if that means I am getting a step closer to the amrita secretion. May be, may be not. I have not practiced Kechari at all and if I tried I will not even reach Level 1. So this is something of a surprise. My concern is hopefully this does not up set the balance in my practice sessions.

Please share your thoughts.

Namaste

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  07:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Firststep, Good to see you posting again. Your post reminds me of a post I did recently in which I shared similar concerns about whether achieving level 2 kechari might destabilize my practice. I am learning to observe what happens and trust in the process. With time I am getting better able to trust my experiences and understand their significance for me. Few people can tell you the significance of anything in your subjective experience. If you are having this experience now during a stable period, it will likely be fine. There is the potential threat of the fly wheel effect although I suspect this is just another milestone to observe and release any attachment to, it is just scenery on the path. My two cents
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  08:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Firststep,

This is a sensation caused by the energy channels in the head beginning to open up and to activate. So, yes, it is a step closer to the production of amrita. Amrita can be produced whether we are using kechari or not. It is not dependent on kechari mudra.

These are signs that good things are happening and there is no reason why any of this should upset the balance of your practice.

It could be many years between the activation of the energy channels in the head, and the production of amrita. So, it is good not to hang onto energy sensations like this, or to expect too much from them. It is more important to be cultivating stillness, equanimity, patience, and peace. Then everything will unfold at the right time, without attachments and identification coming into play.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2021 :  12:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So glad you have found stability and comfort
Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2021 :  6:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interpaul, thanks for pointing me to your post. I am glad you are advancing in Kechari. A stable practice and progression in this journey is what I hope.

Christi, I am not in a hurry to get ahead in the practice. I observed the sensation as scenery when it occurred the first few times and moved on. I got concerned only when the frequency and the strength and length of occurrence increased. Still, it is good to know it might be years before the production of amrita. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Dogboy, Thanks , it has been an uneven journey for the first couple of years where I struggled to find a balance between ecstatic conductivity and the daily practice. All the more reason I cherish the calm sea and the budding stillness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000