Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 It doesn't seem to me that reincarnation is real
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  12:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I observe nature I see something inherently chaotic and without morale. Life exist through the death and suffering of other beings. Animals get eating alive by eachother and disease, old age, pain, among many other things create suffering for life. Seems to have been this way since the single celled organism. From the moment a single cell consumed another cell to survive it seems life was doomed to suffer.

Pure consciousness seems amoral. The universe with its laws and physics seems truly chaotic to me even within the governing intelligence of pure consciousness. It seems to me that pure consciousness expressed life but had no awareness for what that experience would feel like to itself/us. I feel we are it being/becoming more aware of itself with increased metacognition now understanding morality.

In itself, without us, nature is amoral there doesn't seem to be any karma governing force present. Also what needs to be considered is through what governing power does consciousness reincarnate through. It seems to me that if pure consciousness knew where, when, what kind of life we need to reincarnate as then it must be omniscient. And if it is our desires that reincarnate us through what intelligence does it choose the life. What intelligence knows what desires fit with what life.

This also puts free will and time in question. If something knows the life you need to reincarnate to your life is already determined to a certain degree. It knows what karma you have. Either way whatever intelligence governs must be choosing out out of infinite life possibilities? Why would it choose the ones with suffering and pain? Why would it choose to experience suffering at all?

It doesn't make sense to me. I don't think it did. It doesn't seem pure consciousness is metacognitive and omniscient or can choose where life will come up and how in any form. It is through us it becomes metacognitive and knows more.

In regards to the koshas. It seems life itself through its formation though pure consciousness is responsible for the creation of all koshas, except the anandamaya kosha which is pure consciousness and bliss itself. These other koshas are interdependent, they can not exist without the others similar to some Buddhist beliefs. It seems to me the spiritual practice concentrates and moves life force by metacognition, using the physical body, knitting the ego, the anandamaya, manomaya, and pranamaya koshas together forming a new body pranic sustained and cycled body. Which sustains your ego intelligence memories etc. after death.

Another thing that comes up to me is if you reincarnate and lose your memories is it really "you"? Doesn't seems so, because without your ego you're pure bliss consciousness there is no sense of self. One could say the memories are held somewhere but through what intelligence would they be held? Would they be yours or this intelligence, would they be everyone's memories? Would you one day wake up and remember every single life you ever lived. Who would that be, would that be you? if your life was just one memory of infinite?

As important it is to realize you are not the ego it is just as important to sustain it. It's integral for the metacognition of self and I think allows one to exist in some personalized form after death instead of going into pure undifferentiated consciousness.

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  1:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lkwthnu,

These are all great questions. There is a saying: "In yoga, we do not find answers to our questions. But we gradually learn to let go of the questions.".

If you wanted to add one more question to your list, it could be: "What instrument would be sufficient to answer these questions?". In my experience, it is not the mind. Trying to use the mind to find answers to these questions, would be a bit like trying to use a toothpick to change a wheel on a car. It just does not work, because the instrument is not up to the job.

That is why yoga works by transcending the mind, not by trying to improve the mind. And it is actually the mind that brings about this transcendence. There isn't anything else that brings it about. At a certain stage, the mind realises its own limitations and brings about the necessary factors for liberation to occur. It is the mind that becomes interested in yoga, not us. And so, it is the mind that stills itself, leading to transcendence and liberation.

Then things are seen clearly. Not as moral or amoral. Not as good or bad. Not as right or wrong. Not as self or other. Not as finite or infinite. Not as dead or alive. Not as becoming or not becoming. Not as one body, or another body. Not as one sheath, or another sheath. Not as time-bound or eternal. Not as dual or non-dual. Not as real or unreal. Not as born or re-born. Not as enlightened or unenlightened. All of these things exist only in the mind, like shadows on the wall of a cave, or drops of dew in the sun.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  9:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, This is a wonderful response that guides an alternative way to engage in this journey.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  9:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A dew drop seated upon its throne of Green
Bequeathed by sun and air a traveller from beyond
Wonders whether it has been before and be born again
To slide from throne to earths decree to become another
Around its bouts lay billion more reflecting a notion of the moon
A thoughtful sigh of mindfull will to be and to be once more
To live the fall from monarch to earths delightful embrace
Or be taken by the rays of warming light
The wind and space between the gaps forever wondering
Forever everlasting returning again and again and again .
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2021 :  01:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000