Enlightenment Milestones
 An Ode to Enlivened Body Mind Spirit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2021 :  01:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Having an ecstatic body and the sound/feeling of silence has been a blessing to this life, for I had not known until 55 this was ever a thing, something cultivated out of nothing but discipline. Now I can be driving a car, waiting in line, taking a walk, holding a conversation, going to the bathroom, and “it’s there” in the noticing. It can be quiet as an itch, coaxed forth with gentle attention/intention. It can explode out of nowhere in the dentist’s chair. It, at times, manifests like a passionate lover. It has quieted random thought and has softened my masculinity, and found a home in my nipples. An inspirational story or song sometimes has me weeping.

It blossoms forth in asana class, so much so, I must shoot it out my fingertips and feet, dissolve outward from my solar center into the studio, Radiance, as I mine Full Expression from each pose; vinyasa flows become dance. It is easy to ground if you find it in your everyday.

In Deep Meditation, with silence omnipresent (for me in my upper left ear), along with the mantra, it is a tether in the dark. Beginning with the intention to “not do”, to be open to whatever expresses, it becomes completely safe to let go of the physical body, safe to feel the shushumna expand, for the root, the solar center, the third eye are but links on a long, unbreakable chain connecting the Divine to our earthbound selves. I must allow myself to be witness so these experiences becomes body memories that dissolve the veils I can suddenly see and feel.

edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Nov 16 2021 1:23:42 PM

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2021 :  07:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, It is nice to hear you bring voice to this experience. I too feel deep gratitude having discovered this gift. It often seems too good to be true. I keep waiting to wake up from the dream and realize it wasn't real. Lately I have been feeling not only gratitude for this gift but a desire to share it in a deeper way. Yogani's gift is for all to enjoy if they are motivated yet I've found no takers in any of my friends as people repeatedly tell me they just don't have the time to commit to the practices. I am drawn to want to study this treasure in some way using the tools of neuroscience to demystify it further and maybe tap into the wisdom of the practices in a way that can extend its benefits.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2021 :  12:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2021 :  9:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing, Dogboy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000