Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Covid 19 and its effects on the nervous system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2021 :  7:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
im currently isolating having been tested positive.

When I used to over do energetic practices say Kriya etc im getting the same auditory sounds and shivers in crown and spine.

anyone else and can anyone explain what's going on?

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2021 :  11:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear snake,

it is really hard to give you any explanation about what is happening when you provide basically no detailed information about your practise and the symptoms of your covid-19 infection. But safe to say, both affect your brain in various ways so the symptoms might be similar if the the reaction of your system to the practises and the disease are similiar also.

Stille
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2021 :  4:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Snake, Sorry to hear of your infection and symptoms. Covid is one of many viral illnesses. Beyond the mysteries of its unique presentation, it shares in common many typical immune reactions. When people develop the flu much of the experience, i.e. symptoms, are related to one's own immune response. Interferon is the chemical our bodies release to fight the infection. When you give people interferon by IV (it is used to also treat cancers), it causes fever, chills, ashiness, fatigue etc. People who practice yoga become more tuned into their bodies, experiencing all sorts of "scenery" as Yogani calls it. I have been distracted a lot along the way by various sensory experiences. I have come to accept they are real but not always relevant. Presumably your auditory sounds and shivers are manifestations of how your body, tuned as it is, responds to the virus. It will likely ease. Reminds me of a common symptom of covid, loss of taste. I think people stop asking why once they realize covid, as a common symptom effects taste in a high percentage of people. The scientists eventually study stuff and figure out the exact mechanism. Knowing what chemicals have been released that result in a symptom doesn't change it. Obviously if your symptoms are severe and you are unable to care for yourself you should seek help.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2021 :  11:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul
When people develop the flu much of the experience, i.e. symptoms, are related to one's own immune response. Interferon is the chemical our bodies release to fight the infection. When you give people interferon by IV (it is used to also treat cancers), it causes fever, chills, ashiness, fatigue etc. People who practice yoga become more tuned into their bodies, experiencing all sorts of "scenery" as Yogani calls it.

This makes perfect sense to me. It is an observation I made before - when the immune response picks up, I also experience energetic overload.

I remember comparing notes with Christi on this once - see the conversation starting from here:
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...ge=39#151811

Get well soon, snake.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 05 2021 11:28:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000