Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 A short story
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 15 2021 :  05:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This will appeal to indie music listeners.The story goes like this:
In the 1990s, Radiohead's Thom Yorke was going through a period of severe stage fright. R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe told him to change his perspective and not make it about himself as the center of so called events
This became the chorus of "How to Disappear Completely" from Kid A album

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 15 2021 :  07:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ps.i believe that it is similar to first stage of enlightenment meaning the rise of the witness and/or neti neti approach
But eventually the I moves into unity , there will be no more need to take a step back, no need to make any effort and witness, spontaneously in the moment movement and action happens from silence, the seer and seen are no longer two, there is only seeing
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 15 2021 :  8:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An interesting bit of rock history, thanks for sharing Maheswari. I've always been intrigued by the number of performers who seem to be deeply introverted and yet choose a career that puts them on a stage in front of thousands of people.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 16 2021 :  04:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul
I believe that fear happens to both introvert and extrovert performers....it is like the fear we can feel in our work too or any life circumstances
The fear comes from believing things are happening to me and they are bad

Edited by - maheswari on May 16 2021 04:47:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - May 17 2021 :  7:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's some good trivia, thanks Maheswari. It's a great song, and that title has always stuck in my head as something of an informal inquiry prompt. It also reminds me of one of my personal favorite axioms: good design disappears.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000