Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 AYP and natural changes in diet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  07:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

I would like to share my life/yogi experience about food and diet with you as it could resonate with others out there and help and also because I would be grateful to have some hints from other AYP yogis who are further on the path.

I grew up in a family eating meat twice a day. I have always been enjoying food and eating, it was a great and main pleasure in my life.
I seriously discovered yoga in 2013/2014 and after searching and trying different things I started practicing on a daily basis AYP in 2015. So about 6 years ago. My energetic awakening has been accelerated since then, I strongly believe thanks to AYP!! Before that I had experienced different things, like short changes in state of consciousness and natural self-inquiry (which I don't formally practice with AYP actually, this is weird), presence of the witness, things like that. Probably was a yogi in the past just did not remember it...

Anyway at some point, my body started to reject gluten, dairy products, and even all kind of sugars in high quantity, and I started to feel physical disorders. But as a born rebel, my mind, attached to the memory of pleasure, unable to let go on that yet, would not accept it. So I went back and forth with different diets for years. When I decided to take on AYP TTC, I felt really ashamed because I wasn't a vegetarian yet and hadn't planned to become one, and I thought I was a "bad" yogi, and thought this was compulsory even though Yogani would say it comes naturally, I felt I had to confess. But Tristan reassured me on this point, so I felt relieved and arrived lighter at TTC!

When the energy started to rise up, my social environnement started to change as well. I started to meet more people with high energy, being attracted by them and hang around with them (without even being conscious about it for years at first) so I realised then that this makes energy rise in return so it is accelerating the whole process on top of the daily practices and so on. We could call that a virtuous circle maybe.

I also went on a few fast to clean my body over the past years.

It is all linked with the food. But as the energy continued to rise my body started to reject more and more things and eating started to really become a problem, socially, in terms of time investment in my daily schedule. I became highly sensitive it seems. To all kind of stimulating drinks, alcohol, everything that is acidifying for the body really.
And eventually I have become a vegetarian, very recently after spending time with someone who is very pure energetically and already a vegetarian (it seems to be linked since the energies team up when we are together and make things stronger for both of us?) and the change has naturally occured suddenly, and since then I can't swallow fish or meat anymore. Exactly like Yogani says. Also I feel I have finally let go on the things I can't eat anymore. All in the same time. Like if my body was sending me the message: what you are giving me has absolutly no energetic value. Please spit it out [:))]

The result is I can only eat very very healthy food, fresh fruit and veg of high quality, nothing processed, and a bit of sugars and eggs. I am not so hungry like before, and I am losing weight, and this is what worries me, also my social life has become very complicated because I feel bad not to be able to eat like everyone else what is offered to me with love, and I have to bring my own food. Of course I checked with doctors and the analisis are good, so I guess it is on another level. I do sport, but still lose weight. I know this food/diet disorders are common when the energy rises up, I have read for exemple the book from Gopi Krishna, and it is well mentioned.

And as I have a lighter diet the energy rises up in return...I know that eating more heavily is grounding but the food does not enter. I have tried.

It is not a path through the mind, it is pure experience through my body and my mind has to follow and analyse then, this is what I feel. So there is no mind influence there on this part of my path. It is exactly the opposite. It originates in my bodies (energetic, physical...)

I would like to know if you have an experience of this, how it evolves through time and , and if you have any tips on how to handle it so I could relax a bit more.

Thanks!!!

Edited by - luce on Apr 29 2021 10:56:25 AM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  10:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Luce
What happens when you don't spit the food? Does your body normally digest it?
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  10:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari,

I can force the process but it feels wrong somehow energetically, I don't know how to explain it. Then it is a problem if I do it... too much, it can affect the quality of my sleep, and my body aches...it does not seem to digest it really well.
My throat chakra is opening, so does it have something to do with swallowing the food? no idea...
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  12:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Luce,

I had a similar experience about when I started to practice daily in 2016. I tended to feel a bit ill or dizzy after having meat and what one could classify as unhealthy things, so I started to eat vegan with a meat or fish meal just about once every 2 or 4 weeks. Some time later I decided to stay completely vegetarian, but no eggs and milk infrequently, after spending in some time in India.
I have a very windy vata type body, so heavy grounding food is important for me. I find this balance by eating lots of nuts, wholegrain, good fats, beans and so on. Also I may sometimes only eat light foods, but just more. This is grounding as well.
I never was much into food science, but rather found out what is good for me in the long term and by trial and error. When I feel too windy and too much energy coming I see my body wants these heavier foods.

My personal opinion regarding sugar, alcohol and so on is that there are things that the body just simply doesn't like. If you have a glass of alcohol, the body needs to cope with it. There is no way around that. And of course you feel that.
Once ingested, there is no reason to feel bad for it, but again and again you will experience this and maybe some time you will naturally abstain.

This may just be a step on your journey and change over time. I feel that over time now I would still feel my body reacting when having e.g. a lot of sugar, but the silence stays, so I can watch it without suffering. I though never considered this a reason to eat a lot of sugar now.
I also had times where I would start again to have more diary products. Other times I felt drawn to vegetables and rice only. For a few months I could only eat khichari, rice and lentils, with barely any spices only. During this time my attachment to taste greatly reduced. So it all has a reason.

My girlfriend is in a similar process at the moment. She started meditation just about a year ago. She quickly became very reactive to certain foods similar like you mentioned. After again and again consciously seeing her body's reaction, e.g. onions and garlic causing heartburn and sugar causing drowsiness, she stopped eating them. She says that she had these reactions long before meditation, but not conscious. So she is quite happy now to know how to not get it anymore. Just recently she found out that she doesn't react anymore to small amounts, so it seems like her body is recovering from overreactions.

I personally never head people in my environment that would make me feel unwell by following my diet, but that is probably because most of them eat similarly. My friends quickly changed at the beginning of my practice. Also, I think this feeling fades over time, as your environment will get used to it (and you too).
You don't have to defend yourself for what you are doing, it is your very own body and your very own individual sadhana. There is no reason to do anything because someone says that. It is not unfriendly to reject and say no if someone offers something you don't want or need. It is your very own choice what you are doing and only you are knowing what is good for you and what is not.

My teacher always said regarding food that I should just eat what I like to eat. I found out that I like to eat what tastes good and feels good. Usually what feels good tastes good and natural as well. It is a very intuitive process and not much to think about. You will digest best what you are positive about. So you can relax totally and be confident in what you are doing.

Edited by - lightandlove on Apr 25 2021 12:37:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  12:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My teacher always said regarding food that I should just eat what I like to eat. I found out that I like to eat what tastes good and feels good. Usually what feels good tastes good and natural as well. It is a very intuitive process and not much to think about. You will digest best what you are positive about. So you can relax totally and be confident in what you are doing.

Totally agree with this. If you are over-thinking over what you will be required to eat when you are going out to dinner to the extent that you are bringing your own food, this over-thinking is doing more harm than the food, imo.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  01:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seysorciere,

Thanks for your reply, but I am not over thinking what I am eating, I am exactly telling you the opposite, which I never did since I started having these energetic problems. I tried to ignore it but it did not work. So maybe sometimes we need to ignore it, and sometimes we need to listen to our bodies? I don't think there is a rule there, it depends on the situation. And sometimes it is necessary to think what you eat. If you never had to do so, I am happy for you, because it is probably the most comfortable situation. The problem I have got is that it is not like a diet you can stop whenever you want when you start it. It seems I am not deciding since it is energetic and I was worried because my weight was going down and down...to which point? The problem always is when to trust the energies and when not...it is not always easy to know when you are the one in the situation. But Yogani replied and told me that it is not always necessary to go with the energies, especially in a situation like this one if I feel it could become dangerous for me so I can force the process. And I am going to self-pace to see if it has an effect on the whole thing.

Edited by - luce on Apr 26 2021 02:51:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  02:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi light and love,

Thank you for your long reply, always great to hear others are going through the same thing... I completely relate to what you say, it is about observation and intuition and I tried to follow what your teacher and you both say but I have to learn this since I wasn't educated this way. Food is related to culture and FYI in France people can be very judgemental sometimes unfortunately and food is a big part of the culture. So yes I had to deal with that kind of situations. But it is evolving because it has become more common. But mostly it is complicated since I can hardly go out eating with friends and if I am invited I do not eat the same which I do not accept very much with the education/culture I have received. I ended up declining more and more invitations because of this. I certainly have to free myself from this now since it is of no use in my situation! it's in the process. step by step.

Edited by - luce on Apr 26 2021 02:51:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  05:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Luce
As you said there is no rule, no right and wrong.
The only thing you need to do what is what you personally feel you want to do.If you feel you enjoy being similar to people around you and their diet, then by all means do so.I would say never decline social outings for diet concerns cause they are grounding and you need to ground.Dont isolate yourself.Finding a balance between the food that most people eat and the clean food your body is tolerating better these days is the best.
It seems your whole body is clearing not only throat cakra.Are you experiencing soma cycle symptoms?There is a lesson about it.Lesson 304 nectar cycle.
This clearing will eventually calm down as your body re adjusts
Also I totally agree that loosing too much weight is not recommended, a walking skeleton was never an ayp diet practice, not only it is ugly but also the body might be loosing nutrients and bone density etc...check your blood is OK.

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 26 2021 05:12:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  1:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more thing
there are lots of vegan protein powder available in the market (mainly made from hemp, peas and rice) also spreads like tahini spread or hemp spread are nutritious and have less saturated fat from home made peanut butter ( the ones in supermarket are full of sugar).
Also once per week i dont see any harm in consuming a whey protein bar (excessive whey consumption leads to kidney stones)
these bars have improved a lot, little sugar and less carbs then in the past
so frequent small eating portions like these can be very helpful if you cant tolerate a whole meal.
And serious physical activity for 1 hour per day will be very grounding, you know the drill
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  5:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Luce, I am no expert on AYP or diet but have some medical background. I personally have developed lactose intolerance in adult life and also find I've become less tolerant of processed sugar as I get older. It is important to pay attention to what our bodies tell us. Your situation sounds more extreme. I wasn't clear from your post how much weight you've lost. The impact this has on your social life sounds significant as well. I have known a few people who become so limited in their dietary requirements they aren't fun to be with. Having said that, I know people with serious intestinal diseases that can't tolerate a "normal" diet and yet they still show up for social events as best they can. There are certainly many people who are alcoholics who can still hang out and sociaalize without having to ingest alcohol to fit in. I would explore the possibilities these intolerances could have some emotional or physical component in addition to exploring the energetic yogic factors.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2021 :  02:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by luce

Hi Seysorciere,

Thanks for your reply, but I am not over thinking what I am eating, I am exactly telling you the opposite, which I never did since I started having these energetic problems. I tried to ignore it but it did not work. So maybe sometimes we need to ignore it, and sometimes we need to listen to our bodies? I don't think there is a rule there, it depends on the situation. And sometimes it is necessary to think what you eat. If you never had to do so, I am happy for you, because it is probably the most comfortable situation. The problem I have got is that it is not like a diet you can stop whenever you want when you start it. It seems I am not deciding since it is energetic and I was worried because my weight was going down and down...to which point? The problem always is when to trust the energies and when not...it is not always easy to know when you are the one in the situation. But Yogani replied and told me that it is not always necessary to go with the energies, especially in a situation like this one if I feel it could become dangerous for me so I can force the process. And I am going to self-pace to see if it has an effect on the whole thing.

Dear Luce - I am sorry if I misunderstood. Pls ignore my contribution. I have gone through the phase when my body rejected certain foods like you describe. Yogani has given you good advice already. Best of luck.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2021 :  06:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Luce,

This is very familiar: I have also experienced difficulties eating anything acid for years, even not-completely-ripen fruit... Hatha Yoga Pradipika covers this. The stomach acid slows down as the energy is focused on higher processes.

Eating vegetarian became the only option, etc. Eating a clean diet of grains (especially rice) and fresh veggies and fruit feels the best. Cooked food is better. I cook every day, as I do not do well with leftovers. Condiments (cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, etc) are great, but no spices. Actually veggies can be cooked into many kinds of dishes, practically undistinguishable from traditional meals. Often guests do not realize that they had a vegan meal And yes, I generally bring food to share when I go in a visit - so I know I can eat that, and add some salad or veggies if any. If that does not work, I simply eat at home. Most people do not notice if you do not eat and do not bring attention to it. I enjoy time with friends and I enjoy time alone, no matter what we eat or not.

And again yes: With your open heart and the throat chakra opening (that slight contraction in the throat, noticeable especially when you drink and eat), the need for food goes down. Have you notice more need to stay in the sun? These are part of the process of living on air... However, it is a good idea to keep a normal body weight, to stay healthy, which will support further transformation. You can probably always eat some fresh soup with lots of veggies and a piece of bread, or cooked veggies over rice. Also, get exercise, walk/bike/swim, will help with digestion and sleep - and meditation. In my experience, things keep evolving - and it will get easier.

Wishing you the best!
The guru is in you.

Edited by - Blanche on Apr 28 2021 06:56:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2021 :  12:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reference to the sun - 1 min exposure to the rising sun and I can stay all day without eating. 2 mins and I am cooked and cannot operate.

Seychelles is very close to the equator - 4 degrees south. I have taken to wearing a sun hat all the time.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2021 :  09:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot guys,

It's nice to collect your different points of view, because everyone has the light of his/her own life/yogic experience and has something interesting to say and to consider.

The weight, the weight, the image of the body, a major concern in our western societies... too much, not enough, I just feel like running away from this, because I don't think it is a good way to think it, for me it is just one indicator in a global situation. I am not underweigh yet but could happen, over the last months I lost slowly but surely, sometimes going back up but globally going down. I checked it now on the net and my body mass index went down from 21.2 to 18.5 (the lowest) over the last year which is for the doctors, the limit before being underweight. Maybe I can lose weight because of my natural energetic diet changes and still be healthy? Among healthy people there are skinny ones and round ones. Among the photos of yogis we have from the past as well. Maybe my body is just getting rid of what is not necessary? cleaning? Maybe it is just a phase, and the next one is eating like a pig to ground energy and so I am making some space for it to happen? . I have no idea. What is sure is that it is not easy to accept these changes. We are all used to our body and if it changes whatever way (image and/or fonctioning) we need to accept the "new" version of it and to integrate it as "normal". Maybe it is just this I am going through?

But for the medical side of it I am going to weigh myself once a week or less to see the evolution or the stabilization in this process and try to observe from closer the whole thing. I guess if I wrote this post it is because the alert bell rang inside me so the alert system works and that is the most important, right? what is difficult is to go against what I feel in terms of how to eat and how much, just because of the medical norms. I guess I have to connect to my general feeling of wellness and health, and so then if something goes wrong I am going to feel it and so I won't have so much to think about it?

About social environnement it is the same, it is tricky. I started feeling I needed to self-pace from people too because some things did not resonate with me anymore (or sometimes like I described, I meet people with high energy and staying around too much is complicated too, leading to overload) and I ended feeling great in my cocoon, brahmacarya is also knocking at my door, and I feel more like a caterpillar who is preparing to become a butterfly (hopefully) than anything else. The problem is the mind that is attached to the memory of pleasure and so I fall back into old habits because I am not strong enough yet sometimes like an alcoholic in the process as you said interpaul. But should I force myself to go to these social meetings I used to go before? not sure... One way to deal with food is I have cooked things I can eat and I put them in the freezer so if something comes up and I feel like going I always have something to eat according to my needs even if it is not the freshest. So I try not to decline invitations as much as possible but I still do.

I thought if I wrote in the forum I would get some: yes I 've gone through the same and I am now a butterfly flying freely in the air . The problem is we never know where we are, what's next, but it is important to trust the process but also our common sense. So sometimes it just becomes all blurry and foggy

Thanks for your feedback Blanche, I relate to what you say, except that unlike you I still feel like eating what I can't (gluten and dairy and France is full of them ), and that is why it is difficult to go to a place where there will be plenty of things that are going to attract me because the next day I feel sick. it is just a nightmare, or, it was, because it is evolving as you said. The sun has become indeed more important than before for me and often I just feel like going out to be in contact with the sun. I don't know if that is what you mean.

Maheswari, thanks too, I am going to investigate more on soma. Thanks for the tips. And Sey, no worries, and yes protect yourself from the sun in the Seychelles, there are places on the planet where sun exposure can really be dangerous depending on your skin type or even all skin types if there are holes in the ozone layer above.

I am going to let all that has been said make its way to my inner self in silence and I will write later to say how it evolves? It could help someone else later maybe.

Love you all,

Luce

Edited by - luce on Apr 29 2021 10:16:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2021 :  10:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh and yes, interpaul, the digestive system is related to Manipura, and Manipura to lower emotions...so when it is clearing out, I guess we can develop things like intolerances which would transfer in psychology into "emotional intolerances"? most probably. I'll tell you when I am through Everything is related, a being is made of different layers which interact with each other constantly and there are always many entry doors to a problem: physical, emotional, spiritual, energetic etc.... I am not afraid to say I am an AYP teacher and I still have a lot of emotional stuff to clear out. For me it is even a blessing on my teacher's path as going through all of of this myself helps me to become a better teacher every time with authentic experience then. Being a teacher is not only about being knowledgeable, it is mainly about how to transmit this knowledge in a way that others can benefit from it and become autonomous and help others in return. And if everyone has an open heart in the process and accepts to be vulnerable at times, the teacher learns from the student as much as the student from the teacher. And that's beautiful! Which Yogani did wonderfully through his lessons
But that's another topic.

Edited by - luce on Apr 29 2021 10:31:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2021 :  12:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Luce, Glad to hear of your transformation. Manipura! That has been an illusive place for me, and likely is linked with some of my personal intestinal struggles as well. I can sense energy in the other chakras, and move energy freely around but when it comes to the solar plexus it seems like a missing place on my homunculus. I am considering the solar centering enhancement in a few months after I feel more stable in my current practices and hope that will bring more integration and opening. I do agree with you regarding how our intestines are so closely linked with this spiritual process, something I wouldn't have believed had I not undertaken the AYP program. I applaud you in your explorations, we need teachers who understand the journey on a personal level and are truly vulnerable to their personal limitations/struggles.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2021 :  5:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Luce

Thank you for sharing.
You seem to be finding your way through your new dietary needs. We can only go along with what the body requires.

quote:
Originally posted by luce
my social life has become very complicated because I feel bad not to be able to eat like everyone else what is offered to me with love, and I have to bring my own food.

I subscribe to Blanche's idea - sharing your food when you go to a social. If you bring a dish to add to the table, people will not notice that you only eat what you brought.

All the best
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2021 :  02:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BRC
quote:
TextThanks for your feedback Blanche, I relate to what you say, except that unlike you I still feel like eating what I can't (gluten and dairy and France is full of themĀ #65532;), and that is why it is difficult to go to a place where there will be plenty of things that are going to attract me because the next day I feel sick.

She does not want to change her diet, it is kind of forced on her, she would be rather eating like all French do.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2021 :  1:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I would say never decline social outings for diet concerns cause they are grounding and you need to ground.Dont isolate yourself.

Hello Maheswari,

I agree with this, would you say this applies to alcohol as well? I am restrictive when it comes to alcohol, I am convinced that it is not for me and it retards purification, but something tells me that I need to try it again to realize that I do not need to be restrictive because I do not like it anyhow.

It seems confusing when I write it but it is like "don't think of a pink elephant". I think of alcohol because I probably have a fear surrounding the restriction of it? I have not used alcohol in years btw..

Please give me direction if you have thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  03:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wil
It is a personal choice.
Yet if we have the tendency to overdo drinking then abstaining is best
If we are moderate we can consume whatever food or drink , it will not throw us out of balance especially as the silence becomes solid with time and practices.Noting that if we are new to yoga we might pass by a phases of very strict dos and donts in our diet.Then that phase will change, we will move to a heavier diet to stay grounded.Then when we are grounded , what we consume does not affect us anymore and we will still have clear boundaries in not overdoing drinking etc...so we will enjoy life with all what it offers
, always using our common sense.
Jesus did turn water into wine and distributed fish to the crowds.

Edited by - maheswari on May 01 2021 04:07:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Hi BRC
quote:
TextThanks for your feedback Blanche, I relate to what you say, except that unlike you I still feel like eating what I can't (gluten and dairy and France is full of themĀ #65532;), and that is why it is difficult to go to a place where there will be plenty of things that are going to attract me because the next day I feel sick.

She does not want to change her diet, it is kind of forced on her, she would be rather eating like all French do.

Part of her didn't want to change the diet, but she has done it. We've all had to let go of some attachment or other on our yoga journey.

And if things should change, Luce, you will very likely find it easier to go with the flow.
What I can say from my experience is that things can go in either direction. My base diet is vegetarian, but when I overload, meat tastes good, and I feel good and balanced after eating it. When I don't need it, it tastes like carboard and it doesn't go down well.

Your body knows what it's doing. If it doesn't need meat, it lets you know. If/when it really needs a heavier diet, you will know that too, and it won't come from the head, it will come from the stomach.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 01 2021 08:47:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  10:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Wil
It is a personal choice.
Yet if we have the tendency to overdo drinking then abstaining is best
If we are moderate we can consume whatever food or drink , it will not throw us out of balance especially as the silence becomes solid with time and practices.Noting that if we are new to yoga we might pass by a phases of very strict dos and donts in our diet.Then that phase will change, we will move to a heavier diet to stay grounded.Then when we are grounded , what we consume does not affect us anymore and we will still have clear boundaries in not overdoing drinking etc...so we will enjoy life with all what it offers
, always using our common sense.
Jesus did turn water into wine and distributed fish to the crowds.

Yes. Yes. Yes. This feels like my issue. Thank you for your perspective!!!

Would you say I am new to Yoga if I have been doing AYP for 1.5 years and meditation without object for about 4 years before that? If Samyama works for me, I am guessing that is my best confirmation of Inner Silence. This thought regarding confirmation comes up because I might now let go of some restrictions of mine regarding diet and see how my balance is.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  2:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wil
no one can really know ,it is not the amount of years, it is how you show up in daily life
i am afraid we have hijacked the topic
dont go by ifs and conditions like if samyama works then it means this or that.Rather explore/experience samyama (if you feel so inclined ) instead of going by mind ifs and assumptions .See what happens in reality not in assumptions.
As for diet, usually the body will tell you what to eat. You already mentioned that you dont like the taste of alcohol,so they will be no issue in overdoing drinking, you can rest assured
You say you practice meditation without object,are you oversenstive to ayam andb breath meditation?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  2:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BRC
quote:
Part of her didn't want to change the diet, but she has done it. We've all had to let go of some attachment or other on our yoga journey.

letting go of attachment does not mean that we stop having likes and dislikes, I like to have milk in my coffee but i will not get depressed if am unable to do so. I am not attached to the milk but i swill always have preferences, the personality does not melt.
the process is biological and neurobiological, as bhakti moves us we go into a lighter diet, when k becomes too much for us to handle, then we go into a heavier diet. This is what Yogani adviced Luce about not always going with the energy.Biology has nothing to do with attachments

Edited by - maheswari on May 01 2021 2:47:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  4:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i swill always have preferences, the personality does not melt.

And your preferences can change. So does your personality. 'Clinging to what your tastes or personality were yesterday' was what I meant by 'attachment' when I replied to Luce.

I'll leave it to her to decide if that reply resonates. If not, then I'm happy that she disregards it.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  04:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BRC
now I get what you mean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000