Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra and spatial awareness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mero

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2021 :  10:22:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, all, I am new here, having purchased the book Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom (AYP Enlightenment Series Book 1) Kindle Edition.

My question concerns the mantra and spatial awareness.

Sometimes it seems that the mantra is being repeated in the head, while spatial awareness sinks lower into the chest or even belly.

Should one attempt to maintain spatial awareness with the mantra as its center, or is it okay to let them separate?

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  12:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums, mero.

The mantra is allowed to migrate to any location in the body, as well as refine to any level. It does not need to remain in the head. You start repeating it silently, easily and let it do its thing. However, I interpret your mention of "spatial awareness" as your attention. Your attention should be focused on the mantra - this will allow it to drag your mind inwards to stillness. As your mind becomes still, your spatial awareness expands but yes, the mantra should remain in its centre. Separating would mean your attention is one something else.. sometimes, awareness itself.
All this is however micro-managing what is happening. Be easy. Follow the instructions of DM and let it go. Don't over-analyse.
Good luck with your practices.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000