New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 20 2021 :  4:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interpaul I am so, so, so grateful that you are sharing these things, many of your posts are relevant to me too. Turning tears of darkness into diamonds or whatnot. I experience a sharpening of the senses which I am pretty sure makes me see this darkness you speak of. I posted recently regarding this, and I think I fell into the habitual mindgames of picking on this darkness in people with my boisterous debating.

These two quotes below by Christi makes me feel more on the road again. I relate to this mostly trough self-inquiry-abusing intellectuals which I think I many times surround myself with...and I think I was one too which makes it easy for me to slip into non-relational inquiry. Although am happy I took about a year away from reading philosophy or engaging with my friends most spiritual talks when I begun practicing AYP.

quote:

The rational mind is a very useful tool for many things. But when it comes to knowing Truth with a capital T, then the rational mind actually becomes an obstacle. It is the rational mind that keeps us from knowing the Truth, or rather, it is our relationship with the mind, including the reasoning aspect of the mind (buddhi), that keeps us from knowing the truth.
As to your question, should someone expect an educated person to patiently await the arrival of abiding inner silence before trying to make sense of important spiritual matters? In my experience, there isn't another option. There is no such thing as making sense of important spiritual matters, when we are still identified with the mind. That would be like the dreamer trying to make sense of the dream. It would not lead to awakening from the dream. For awakening to happen, there has to be a completely different process taking place.
quote:

Viva relational inquiry, and even better, Samyama!

Furthermore, Christi really guided me with this following quote...

quote:

If insights emerge, which they will, we can release them into that silence. If epiphanies arise, we can release them into silence. If we have the greatest idea on Earth, which we will do, because that is how the mind works, we can release it into silence, to whatever degree of inner silence we have. And other things will arise too, such as fear and existential dread. If we don't learn how to let go of the simple things, then we will become completely unstuck when difficult things arise.
quote:

^..This is exactly what I have begun to notice and relase...I am many times hopelessly sharing small thoughts, insights and even relentlessly sharing them in intensive arguing. Sometimes there is no end, I have to say the last word.. and some more. After the storm of debating, if I am honest with myself, it is never actually worth it heh :S

Bless you all!!!

Edited by - Wil on May 20 2021 6:06:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 20 2021 :  11:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wil, Thanks for your nice comments and this summary. Christi has always been very generous with us all on this forum and his wisdom is greatly appreciated. I especially like how he answers my questions directly without confusing non dual language
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 21 2021 :  01:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Christi is perhaps one of our most under-appreciated member.
Thank you, Christi, for always giving feedback and bringing clarity to many situations.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000