Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Amaroli Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2021 :  8:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Amaroli has been a part of my practice for many years, and I must report it works as advertised in this lesson:

https://www.aypsite.com/plus/319.html

An excerpt:

quote:
What is it that sets the condition for enlightenment in the human being? We have often said that it is a fundamental change in the condition of our nervous system, and the overall neurobiological functioning inside us. In other words, a primary prerequisite for enlightenment is raising the inner functioning of the human body to a much higher level. Then our vehicle of consciousness becomes capable of extraordinary expressions of the divine possibilities that are inherent within us. Bringing this change about is the purpose of yoga. We work systematically with our mind, our body, our emotions, our breath, and our sexuality to accomplish this transformation.
With amaroli, we are enhancing the chemical composition of our body at the most refined level, right down to the atoms and molecules. This creates a physiological foundation, adding an advantage as we engage in all of our other yoga practices that are propelling us along the road to enlightenment. That is the role of amaroli. We enjoy the benefits of our yoga practices in daily living every step along the way. This is why we engage in yoga practices, not necessarily for the experience while doing practices, but for the results we gain in daily living

I had forgotten this tidbit:

quote:
When the mouth is still wet with urine during amaroli, before drinking any water, several deep inhalations of the aromatic essence in the mouth will produce a soothing and healing influence in the lungs. Keep in mind that amniotic fluid in the womb is composed mainly of urine, and this is how we began our life before birth, doing amaroli, including in our lungs. So, inhaling some aromatic essence will not be harmful. Just the opposite - it is very beneficial for the lungs.

Amaroli does deliver on the promise of stability and well being. I plan on increasing Intake following my second vaccination in a few weeks. Would fellow AYPers care to share their experiences with this cloaked yoga practice?

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  03:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy! Glad that you are taking shivambu
I started Amaroli a year back and the results were quite impressive.Amaroli has effects on the neuro-biology that is beyond my understanding . But one thing i noticed about it , that " Amaroli significantly increases the purification process with reasonable improvement in other practices ". But the catch is you need to have a proper grounding system incorporated in your daily routine. Or else you might feel heavy and not grounded , that was what i experienced. If you are well grounded you will be experiencing better meditation sessions than before with better clarity. Initially i experienced stomach cramps but it subsided after some time. Amaroli also has an effect on your skin.
But as Yogani has mentioned countless times before we should not look for a magic bullet that solves everything.
Practices like Amaroli need to be practiced with proper self pacing ( depending on the quantity of urine you are consuming). Other wise too much purification will disrupt your daily life.

Other wise Shivambu is far better than having alcohol
I feel pity seeing people around losing themselves in alcohol. May they be guided by their inner guru.

Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  3:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, I am glad Amaroli is work for you and others that have found it fruitful. For me, it has been a disappointment as I have seen no observable enhancements in the meditation/energy flow.

First, a little background. I have been practicing meditation and energetic practices for two years now. In the last year, intermittently, I have had issues with overloads - headaches, fatigue, little motivation to do stuff, etc. In this scenario, I introduced Amaroli into my practice. I practiced once a day - first thing in the morning. Initially, I drank about 2 ounces mixed with 2 oz water and then switched to 4 oz straight up. This has been the practice for 10 months - almost every day. During these months, I did not observe any improvements in my daily practice that I will attribute to Amaroli, unfortunately. On the other hand, I cannot say it contributed to any imbalances in my practices as well.

During the last 3 months, my practice has been leaning more to the inner silence practice (non-AYP DM/AYP Samyama) and less on the energetic side (minimal SBP and other advanced practices) and stopped Amaroli. I must stay this has been a relatively stable and enjoyable practice. So you see I am hesitant to introduce Amaroli back into the mix.

Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  11:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy,

Amaroli is how I found out about AYP . I was doing some research about it online and found the AYP lesson.

I was on vacation during christmas holidays. After reading the lesson I thought why not just give it a try.
So the next morning I had a glass of urine. I did really not expect it, but I had to lay down for a while.
I felt grounded, like really grounded. Like there would grow roots out of the ground and gently pull me down. It strongly reminded me of the intake of certain roots and herbs that would create a similar feeling, like turmeric, manjistha and also the caapi vine.
At the same time I had this feeling of purification. In the beginning or first few hours it was a bit difficult to handle it, I felt a bit unwell and drowsy. But after a while a feeling of rejuvenation entered. Rejuvenation and a feeling of purity.
I continued to practice amaroli every morning until today. It became part of my morning routine. The first three months strong purification was going on and I recognized a strong improvement in concentration and clarity during meditation and throughout the day emerging from a grounding feeling. After about 3-4 months it just reached a plateau. It became part of my life like brushing my teeth. I stayed with half a cup a day.
I definitely feel that it has a strong impact on my stomach and nectar cycle, but I am yet to find out where this is heading to.

Edited by - lightandlove on Apr 20 2021 11:54:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  9:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you SuperMonk, firststep, and light and love

SuperMonk, I agree, grounding should be daily and often and practiced by every yogi, regardless of sensitivity. My amaroli practice is less disciplined and more ‘fluid’ () in that I do it when the opportunity and desire presents itself. While I’m confident amaroli assists ongoing purification, it is hard to attribute to what degree; all I know is the immediate sense of well-being for the ten minutes or so that follow ingestion. By sampling the various flavors I am capable of against whatever I took in the hours before, to be present in that recycling moment, to even toast the man in the mirror all adds to the allure of amaroli for me.

Firststep, yes, with your sensitivity and history, you are wise to keep your practice streamlined and basic, and focused on silence, the bedrock of all yoga. Having tried amaroli, it will be easier for you to return to it, should the desire within you makes itself known in a stable future.

L&L, maybe because my amaroli practice is scattershot, I haven’t recognized a plateau. What I really appreciate about the AYP lessons is the knowledge no one path works for all, but having the confidence to judge, observe, add or subtract practices, based on self recognition of our purification levels. We build a stabilizing scaffolding from this spiritual cache, so we can enjoy the fruits of discipline and share it with those in our orbit.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  01:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, Thank you for bringing this somewhat taboo topic out into the open. I have to admit I'm still reluctant to try this practice. There's something about recycling materials the body chose to dispose of which seems counterintuitive. I have to admit I am very curious what the science behind it would show but haven't seen much serious study on the topic. The way you and others describe the benefits makes me wonder if there is some psychoactive concentrate in the urine that is at play. I know I tend to focus on the "under the hood" aspects of many of the practices from time to time but this practice doesn't make sense to my rational mind as to why it should be beneficial to spiritual progress. Clearly this is one of those situations in which one can't know the effects without doing the practice.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  04:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interpaul, you might find some of the older threads on this subject useful:

www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=1030
www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=409&
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  7:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BlueRaincoat, Thanks for sharing those links. I did find the ideas shared by David Obsidian very helpful. His idea regarding exploiting hormesis make sense to me. This angle on it does acknowledge, which I feel is important to acknowledge, the practice involves intentionally ingesting a waste product that likely has some toxins.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  7:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Interpaul, it is a difficult practice to embrace as the idea of it is far from acceptable to most. I have not shared my participation with anyone outside this forum because of this. I do know the practice can be a lifesaver when dehydration is at stake, and I admit I was not expecting it to be a practice that I now strongly endorse!
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  10:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, No judgement here. I do sense from reading the long discussions in the link above it is a practice that has been helpful to many. I am intrigued but don't have enough motivation to cross that threshold. As you've mentioned several times, I have plenty going on with my current practices so its not the time to add anything new anyway.
Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2021 :  2:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy,

Yes, as you mentioned, Amaroli as a tool will be available for me when I am ready to try again. Having found a stable practice this time around, I am cautious in adding back the advanced elements (at least for me) of the AYP system.

I guess when I practiced Amaroli, I was looking to confirm the "inwardly robust" feeling Yogani mentioned in the lessons. It didn't happen in my case. Generally, I am insensitive to the inner workings of the overall practice (except when I felt tired before). So maybe Amaroli did do something, but I was unable to perceive it.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2021 :  2:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am cautious in adding back the advanced elements (at least for me) of the AYP system.

Very wise . Respect to your Inner Guru
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000