Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 An epiphany
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2021 :  04:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For the past few weeks i was observing a sudden change in my thought patterns. Earlier i used to "believe" the presence of god .But at present i somehow "know" the presence of God. I had this talk with my self that the things which we are not aware we tend to believe.This belief system can be anything. One can believe in superstitions as a matter of fact. But is there a need to belief when you already know?
I might sound crazy but i don't see the need to believe things .The things which people cant grasp , they tend to believe those. Is inner silence slowly making me aware of gods presence leading to this "knowing" ?

I was having a healthy debate with a spiritual fellow in which i asked him why do you believe god? He got angry i guess. I just stated that whats the need to believe , doesn't he know that he is there?
Even in some discourses Osho mentioned about having no belief systems. Be absolute condition-less that's what he said.
I guess with the mind you need to "believe"
With the heart , you "know".

Edited by - SuperMonk on Apr 14 2021 04:10:18 AM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2021 :  04:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SuperMonk

That is why these debates are not well digested by many...silence is best
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2021 :  11:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SuperMonk, You are hitting on an excellent difference. AYP is about having a primary experience and not thinking oneself into a belief or having faith. Once one experiences ecstatic conductivity or tastes inner silence it is a real experience one doesn't need another to confirm. I think terms like God having very personal and varied meaning. The real question comes up when someone knows something to be true, why is it important to share with others. Is it not a gift one can enjoy and that is the end of it? My sense is it isn't that simple. If someone sees a beautiful sunset, one feels a desire to share it with others. Why wouldn't you want to share a connection with God with others so they too can experience such a powerful presence. I believe Yogani's teachings reach out to us in this sort of way. The trapping is others need to come with some interest. If friends of yours see that twinkle in your eye and ask you to share, that is when it has meaning.
Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  09:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul
Direct experience should always be preferred. I guess that's how how the beliefs get reduced .. But one shouldn't get attached to the scenery as Yogani said.
@Maheswari silence is the best no doubt about it..
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  02:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We always feel the need to share an experience; it serves as validation of what we are experiencing and we are not "alone". And yes, some times we wish a close friend would also experience same. Then the feeling of wishing to challenge another person's beliefs may also arise from "hey - I have found it. I know. You, poor idiot, are still only believing." A sense of spiritual superiority. All phases one goes through.

Then comes - I know nothing. Then everyone is doing just fine, they don't need my intervention. Then - what use is all this knowing? To not suffer. But are we satisfied to just not suffer? Nooo... We have to fix the world, under whatever guise we try to hide it.

So complex are we.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000