Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The last 2.5 months
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  1:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to give you a short update concerning my practices. Due to my ongoing overloading and sensitivity issues, I did a total stop of AYP for the last 2.5 months to see some kind of emotional/mental baseline. Especially in the beginning it was not an easy thing to do. During the first weeks I focused on my job, some sports and family life. After some weeks I started to read the complete AYP lessons Vol. 1 and 2. It was a thing I wanted to do for a long time but it was not compatible with doing practices and overloading. I think there were no drawbacks from doing this. Some weeks ago I started to learn a Tai Chi sequence on a daily basis, I thought it might be useful for grounding in general.

The result: I think the irritability has improved and is not such a big issue right now. Unchanged are those energetic/sexual sensations which I have now and then. They come and go, especially noticable when lying in bed. It can be quite intense up to orgasmic feelings and I somehow can't get rid of those. I can't get rid of those underlying feelings of nervousness and strain either. I think after 2.5 months of doing no practices at all, I guess those issues are not AYP-related. Makes me wonder what it is about but perhaps I just deal with it in the meantime. Tai Chi is a nice thing to do but I don't think I will stick to it in the long run.

I plan to resume practices again, starting with 10 minutes of deep (mantra) meditation and 10 minutes rest. I will do this for some time and see how it goes and if enhancements are possible.

zamolxes

Romania
93 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  5:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to read about it, please keep us informed of your journey from now on. There seems to be a rise in over-sensitive practitioners, and having people's accounts with how they manage their practices and symptoms can be beneficial for those yet to come.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  9:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ground, ground, ground; every yogi should, regardless of sensitivity.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  10:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cato, Sounds like you are taking care of yourself and systematically sorting out what contributes to your challenges. We all bring our baggage to our practices. If you didn't have any struggles there might not be much motivation to do any practices. I think it is smart to focus on practices that work on inner silence and leave the other stuff out till you find a better balance. Keep us updated.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  02:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Cato
I don't feel you are ready to resume practices
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  07:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Hello Cato
I don't feel you are ready to resume practices

Hello maheswari,

I cannot tell for sure either. However, I do not recognize any changes in the remaining issues I described. I somehow doubt the condition will improve by further abstaining from practices and I'm afraid that more is lost than can be gained by abstaining on a monthly timescale.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  08:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Cato,

Good advice from everyone already. Your 2.5 months of no practices was where integration was happening. The balance between sadhana and living your life fully is what brings sweetness to life. Practice, Service & Ground. Self pace when needed.

Sunyata.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  08:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Cato
Sometimes the kundalini effects take months and even years to calm down
The forums had many of these cases over the years
When you stop practices that does not mean that you are loosing anything, cause the integration is still happening.
You have to remember that needing practices when it is not wise to pick them again is like any substance need...it is like any addiction
Practices are to be used when it is wise to do so, being restless to resume them when not ready will lead to further problems
These 2.5 months , you read spiritual books etc, so you did not stop.You kept searching for ways out to resume your practices, that is not genuine stopping
All your life is yoga , not only sitting practices. For now just live your life and see how you act in all kinds of situations...that is yoga.
I guess you will do what you will decide to do, but I believe that it will only make your symptoms worse.

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 08 2021 08:30:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2021 :  04:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maheswari! Man, you're killing me. You keep telling me those things I want to hear the least. ;)

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2021 :  06:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know dear
But it is the way it is
The facts are in what you are feeling
My advice is to completely stop
If you don't want to follow it, try again breathing meditation ( i know you don't want to hear about it too), but definitely not dm for 10 minutes nor the enhancements
Also your physical activity make it more intense and not spiritual....go for a run, a swim,fast walking, light weight lifting....you need to forget that you are a spiritual person cause that is another label no different then any other label

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 09 2021 07:47:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  08:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato,

I would say that it would be best to go back to breathing meditation and to start out with just 5-minutes. It is always best to follow the guidelines in the main lessons. The guidelines with regards to breathing meditation are that once you switch to it, you should remain with it for at least 6-months. It has only been three months since you switched to breathing meditation, so best to stick with that for now.

See here in lesson 367:

"We self-pace breath meditation just the way we would mantra meditation, according to our comfort in practice, keeping in mind that all spiritual practices have delayed effects. So we will be wise to start off modestly. If we have found it necessary to self-pace ourselves down to 5 minutes per session with mantra meditation (short or long mantra), we should consider starting there with breath meditation, and increasing our time gradually, a few minutes at a time over multiple sessions. That is if we find that we are stable using breath as our object of meditation. If we get all the way up to 20 minutes per session without any serious disruption, it is suggested to stay at that duration of meditation for at least six months, and perhaps indefinitely. While other systems using breath meditation may involve much longer sittings, an over-sensitivity to meditation may be a good reason to stick with the 20 minute limit." [Yogani]

Watch out for signs of energetic overload as you build up gradually and self-pace as needed. And as Dogboy suggests, make grounding an important part of each day. If you follow the guidelines given in the lessons, then you can't go wrong.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000