Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 EC, inner silence and the reading of the lessons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  1:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was curious if others experience an altered state reading these lessons. I have slowly worked my way through the main lessons, now in the 300s after a year and a half. Every time I read the lessons now I feel the inner witness and the ecstatic conductivity return similar to how I feel at the end of my practices. This reminds me a little of how each of the practices slowly connects the others (e.g. mulabandha automatically activates now when I start SBP). Not trying to look under the hood, more an expression of gratitude to Yogani for his teachings which seem to be transmitting more than just words.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  01:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course

Sey
Go to Top of Page

GeorgeLiam

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  03:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done.

Edited by - GeorgeLiam on Dec 29 2020 03:03:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  10:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  05:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's indeed an achievement for me. Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  2:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone I appreciate the support. After posting I realized this feeling is actually starting to permeate more than just reading the main lessons, it seems to come when I am quiet. This journey, at times feels a little like watching a beautiful sunset and having no one to share the experience. Since my wife doesn't resonate with this inner stuff, and many of my friends think I've gotten a little stranger of late, it's nice to have this group to share the adventure.
Go to Top of Page

bbqmaster

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  3:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interpaul, there is a strong ecstatic vibe coming from reading the lessons, I feel it too. I get the same when reading Muktananda.

About 1hr of reading lessons feels like actual practice. Yogani's words have power that's for sure

Sad to hear your wife doesn't resonate. I am in a similar position . But, I think the fire can ignite unexpectedly
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bbqmaster
Sad to hear your wife doesn't resonate. I am in a similar position . But, I think the fire can ignite unexpectedly

Everybody has their path.
The fact that we don't see their spiritual practice doesn't mean that they are not on their way to becoming more enlightened.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  06:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bbqmaster, Thanks for your supportive words.
BlueRaincoat, I am definitely not sitting in judgement of my wife's spiritual journey, just sad she isn't open to engaging more in the journey with me.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  06:43:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi interpaul

No, I didn't think you were being judgemental, just that you had expectations.
Having expectation leaves us open to disappointment, that's all.

Having said that, disappointment is not necessarily a bad thing. I had one related to a relationship and it opened my eyes no end. Everybody's path will take them where they need to go.

And your path is unique. It might join someone else's for a moment, but expecting two people to follow the same path can create cumbersome ties that may hinder both of them.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  07:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

I was curious if others experience an altered state reading these lessons. I have slowly worked my way through the main lessons, now in the 300s after a year and a half. Every time I read the lessons now I feel the inner witness and the ecstatic conductivity return similar to how I feel at the end of my practices. This reminds me a little of how each of the practices slowly connects the others (e.g. mulabandha automatically activates now when I start SBP). Not trying to look under the hood, more an expression of gratitude to Yogani for his teachings which seem to be transmitting more than just words.

Absolutely. As we take the I/me/mine out of the equation, we become more a channel for the stillness/silence/inner space. We can all feel the space and stillness behind the lessons, as they are written from That. It is also an effect of interconnectivity that weaves all of us together with everything else.

The more we become aware that we are not limited to our physical body and mind, the more this experience becomes available. Reading a book can give you access to the author's state - and then even just touching the book or just thinking about the author can do that, too. Like that. The reality is more amazing than anything we could imagine.

As about the conversations with friends, we talk about about yoga and spirituality only if they are interested, too. Otherwise, we talk about books and movies and travels and family. Of course, the silence is there, everywhere, all the time - and often they notice that. too I try not to push yoga and meditation on anyone - there is a time for everyone, and it works better if it is their interest/bhakti.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  1:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BlueRaincoat, Yes, attachment to expectations do lead to suffering. I am getting better at taking responsibility for myself and letting others do the same.
Blanche, I am coming to understand this idea of inner silence more and more. I do sense reading writings from others gives you access to their state of consciousness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000