Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Inner Retreats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2020 :  07:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone :)

Usually I have a very regular practice. Still, sometimes I have a couple of days or a week in my life where I feel and know that the time is right for an "inner retreat".
This often occurs when I generally have more time for myself. Just for a few days I naturally don't meet people and automatically start spending more time on practices.
It is not something planned but just seems to happen. Often this seems to occur when there is a certain (bigger) blockade that is to be purified. It stops once the purification is done.

I would like to hear if you experience something similar.

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2020 :  08:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LightandLove,

Because my work, I am alone for a good amount of time every day, and I often use the morning to keep silence (mauna) and eat lighter. Nothing forced, just going easy with the practices. Just like you, when life allows, I may add another session at lunch time, and do a day or weekend of personal retreat. I also like to do some longer retreats a couple of times a year, and now with a growing offer of AYP retreats this is something to look forward to every year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000