Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Menstruation and Brahmacharya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  09:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Some time ago I read a book about cultivating female sexual energy by Mantak Chia and he mentioned that doing his sexual energy practices for preservation and cultivation will not only lower menstruation symptoms but eventually lead to the point where there is no menstruation at all.
From what I understood, he is saying that menstruation is similar for the female like ejaculation is for the male - a huge loss of energy.
By stopping the practices, he says, menstruation will come back as it was before.

I am male and will never experience this from a female perspective by myself, but after discussing this topic with my partner I am interested to hear about others experiences.
My girlfriend by herself did indeed experience a huge change in her menstruation cycle after starting spinal breathing (which she felt resulted from SB being too much at the time). This was in the form of mid-cycle-bleedings and other less strong changes, which she never had before and subsided after stopping SB.

Looking forward to hear your experiences

Edited by - lightandlove on Dec 19 2020 09:46:17 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  5:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi lightandlove, welcome to the AYP forums!

You might like to read this older thread. It was a good discussion about female brahmacharya, with different experiences shared:
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...PIC_ID=17200

Yoga practice does, in time, reduces the amount of energy a woman loses through her menstrual cycle. In advanced yoginis menstruation can suspend altogether for long periods of time.

Unlike Mantak Chia, AYP does not advocate the cultivation sexual energy as a stand alone practice. The transmutation of sexual energy will happen as a result of a balanced yoga practice, that has deep meditation at it core. As you are reading the AYP lessons and building up an AYP practice, you will be taking the safe path with regards to sexual energy cultivation. And you will be a position to give your girlfriend safe advice.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Dec 19 2020 5:46:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000