Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation Timer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anillsinha

India
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2020 :  07:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have recently discovered a meditation timer (android application) which is very helpful.

Here I can set timers for different segments e.g. 1 min of preparation, 10 min of SBP, 20 min of DM, 10 min of rest etc. on a single screen. And I can select from the choices of music for each segment end e.g. ring, bell, bowl, ghanti, gong, shankh (conch) etc.

Here it is:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...itationTimer

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2020 :  10:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great find, anillsinha. I've wanted a timer like this for forever.

-KC
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2020 :  04:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! A great substitute to my overworked clock timer.
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2020 :  1:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Zazen Meditation Timer has been serving me for years. There I can program more complicated session.

For example:
20 min spinal breathing
5 min chin pump
5 min bastrika
20 min deep meditation
10 min samyama
5 min self enquiry
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2020 :  02:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found out that there are lots of youtube guides using zazen meditation timer. Nice.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2020 :  4:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good thread,

There is a timer I got my hands on, it is called Gymboss minimax. I use it for intervals but mostly for practices.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  07:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While I do not use a timer for my personal practice, I use "Insight Timer app" in classes and retreats. It allows you to set timers for the overall practice, while also choosing multiple interval bells - and now there is an AYP group there if you want to join it.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2020 :  08:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche, I used Insight in its early iPhone version. It became obsolete when I changed iPhones. Since then I haven't found a free version of it which is not full of advertising or other distractions, such as insisting I need music for a 20 minute sitting. Nirguna, I initially had the same reaction to Zazen, but it sounds like I should work harder at it (as for so many other things!!!!). I have thought about working up to the kind of practice diversity you have, and I would also want to add indoor cycling and some more strenuous Iyengar yoga.

When outdoor cycling season returns, I find the benefits of Iyengar and DM to help me remain comfortable on the bicycle.

But I would like to add this kind of diversity of timing settings to my routine, and I might enjoy an(-other?) on-line AYP connection!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2020 :  08:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ken,

I use the Insight Timer only when practicing in a group. Just like you, I had the first, simpler version. The new Insight Timer has a lot of offers, but I use only the Timer found immediately on their first page.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000