Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Broken tailbone affect Progress?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  12:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone:
I hope i have got this right and am putting this in the relevant section this time :-) If not please remove accordingly.

I broke my tailbone about 20 years ago. Now I dont know how it has repaired itself, but i notice, from reading some of the posts here, i am not experiencing much during SBP (nothing ecstatic happening like many posts seem to mention), and DM and Sambhava / Mulabanda as in im not feeling any energy movements in the spine?.

Could it be from the fracture to my tailbone thats hindering me?

I will say that in my personal life, i am making leaps and bounds in personal development since incorporating DM and SBP. Much more patient, tolerant, way less anxiety etc etc and i think its directly from my nervous system being purified.

Any help much appreciated.

Edited by - SparklingDiamond on Jul 07 2020 04:49:23 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  06:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond
quote:
Originally posted by SparklingDiamond
i am making leaps and bounds in personal development since incorporating DM and SBP. Much more patient, tolerant, way less anxiety etc etc and i think its directly from my nervous system being purified.

This is excellent and it is really what yoga practice is about. Energy movement gets a lot of publicity because it can be quite dramatic, but the best indicator of progress is the development of inner silence.
quote:
I broke my tailbone about 20 years ago. Now I dont know how it has repaired itself, but i notice, from reading some of the posts here, i am not experiencing much during SBP (nothing ecstatic happening like many posts seem to mention), and DM and Sambhava / Mulabanda as in im not feeling any energy movements in the spine?

Physical injuries do not prevent ecstatic conductivity appearing. It will happen when you are ready. For the time being, you are doing really well.

Keep up your practice and enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  1:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond,

if I remember correctly, you recently resumed AYP practices. It is remarkable that you already can pinpoint significant improvements in personal development. After almost two years of AYP, I still would not say my patience or tolerance has significantly improved. Hm, then again, that keeps me thinking...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  08:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Cato

If memory serves, you found AYP after an energy awakening and a lot has been happening for you on the energy front.
If the energy is very lively, it can obscure the silence, so you don't notice that peaceful feeling in daily life. That is why it's so important to tone down the energy practices and prioritize meditation, while self-pacing and grounding.

That's not to say you have not been making progress. You have. But leading with the Silence/Witness makes the journey more comfortable and more sustainable. I hope you're closer to finding the level of practice that works for you.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 08 2020 08:24:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  09:38:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much both of you Cato and BlueRaincoat!

So i dont mean to sound ungrateful in what i am experiencing, i just figured from what i have been reading about all these Ecstatic experiences, that I'm getting none of those things happening and was i doing something wrong? Seems maybe not !

EXCEPT ! I AM experiencing the inner silence in my life outside of Sitting practises! I can hardly believe how much calmer i am in real life. In situations where i would normally freeze up, get nervous, feel anxiety, I am calm as a cucumber! That is normally so not me!!!

I also recall, that years ago, when i did find AYP, part of the reason i didn't continue with practises, was the OVERLOAD i was experiencing!

So fast forward years later, to now, and after incorporating ten mins twice per day of the SBP and DM i started getting the OVERLOAD again! This time i just cut back to five mins and that sorted the problem, and then a week or so later, i went back to ten mins twice per day of the SBP and so far so good.

So although i am not getting any of the 'fireworks of energetic ecstatic stuff" its all seeming to translate into my personal life. So thank you Blueraincoat for helping me understand in your reply to Cato!!

That its not so much what we experience DURING our practises but rather how its helping us improve in our daily life.

Thanks again,

M
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  09:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know if either of you can help me with this question. I have searched through the AYP forum to try and find any info on this, and have found next to nothing on it, so i will try and ask here

During my ten mins of SBP, I am finding that midway up my spine, seems to not be straight when i'm visualizing the spinal nerve. The only way I can describe it is it goes from a straight line from the perinenum and then midway it becomes wavy in one particular section of my spine, and then straightens out after the midway section of the spine.

What is this? A blockage in those chakras, which would be near the belly button point of the spine.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  12:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

During my ten mins of SBP, I am finding that midway up my spine, seems to not be straight when i'm visualizing the spinal nerve. The only way I can describe it is it goes from a straight line from the perinenum and then midway it becomes wavy in one particular section of my spine, and then straightens out after the midway section of the spine.

I would recommend not paying too much attention to those details. Any thinking in this direction is a distraction from the practice. The straightess of the spine plays a minor role in the process anyway.

The fact that your daily life improves is proof that the process is working for you. That's what matters. I wouldn't bother about missing energetic experiences either.

@Blue, you recall correctly, the energy is very dominant. I'm still trying to figure out a more sustainable way and am experimenting with the asana section right now. Still needs time to see the effects.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  10:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato! And thank you. I will follow that advice and ignore that my sbp tracing is not Inna straight line up the spine. Appreciate that advice

One question for you. It sounds like U r experiencing all the energetic fireworks I wish for but without noticeable improvements occurring in personal development from practises ?
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2020 :  04:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond,

that's right. I am experiencing pretty much energetic stuff but would prefer to see and feel improvements in daily life. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side :)
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2020 :  1:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond, love the username.

I relate to both the injury to tailbone and the deviation from straightness somewhere midway up the spine. I slammed my tailbone into the corner of a countertop back in 2012, and my tailbone was in pain for several years. I also wondered if this would get in the way of my practices, but just like BlueRaincoat claims, it did not. In fact, going into the throbbing pain and accepting it as part of my energetic landscape became part of my practice, and I believe that eventually straightened it out from the inside, because I don't have pain there any longer, though I didn't notice when exactly it left.

The straightness of the spine I don't have much advice about, but I definitely sometimes worry that I'm energetically too skewed to the left. Meaning, as I do SBP my mind just naturally starts tracing to the left from my heart up into the back of my left ear. IDK what's up with it, but I pretty much let it go and try to go right up the middle with my attention...Ironically, letting it go like this has seemed to help straighten it all out over time.

Hope some of this is helpful!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000