Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Elephant Dream
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2020 :  03:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For a bit of fun, to the dream interpreters out there, see if you can crack this one:

I had one of my weird dreams last night. I dreamed I was in a cell with a bed in the corner (in the beginning I was lying in bed but I got up after) and bars in the front. A river flowed on one side. In the corner opposite to the bed, I see an elephant giving birth. Literally seeing the baby popping out of her arse. The baby elephant shoots out and falls into the river, into a small whirlpool running counter to the river flow. It sucks it down and I quickly move out of the cell (so I am not locked in) to catch it on the other side. I do. The mother elephant moves towards me to get the baby back. I give her the baby. Meanwhile the river is rising and filling the cell. It does not yet reach where I am but reaches the under belly of mother. She puts the baby down. The whirlpool catches it again and throws it to my side. I fish the baby out of the water again. I try to give it back to the mother but she is almost completely under water and looks at me pleadingly – help my baby. I hugged the baby closer and moved to get out of there.

Sey

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2020 :  8:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive me Sey, but do you believe it is, in any way, related to your late son?
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2020 :  05:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy - No, it had not crossed my mind. I was thinking more along being handed a new project.

Thanks for playing.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2020 :  6:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my younger years I studied dream analysis and tracked my dreams for a few years. The basic exercise went like this: transcribe your dreams as soon as possible, and then free associate the key images, scenes, actions, and emotions (in this case cell, bed, flowing river, elephant, birth, etc.). Overlay these associations with your recent past days or week and/or what you anticipate happening in your near future days or week. Most dreams pertain to these two weeks of your life. Pay particular attention to words spoken, strong emotions, and any scene bathed in gold or golden light.

Free associating sometimes picks up patterns of your thoughts and, over time, you begin to understand how and why you have chosen these images and scenes. A side benefit: remembering your dreams improves and you seemingly dream more.

The elephant mother pleading “Help my baby” seems particularly important here. Hope you can crack this puzzle!

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  01:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had so many weird dreams over the years, I too got interested in dream interpretations. Can't say I am particularly good at it but do manage to figure some out or rather have a sense of what it's about.
I have not intentionally tried doing an exercise in free association. Good idea. I am not too invested either, it is just some dreams are so symbolic and filled with archtype, one can't help trying to figure out what the hell that was about

Sey
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2020 :  09:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or it could be animal totem animals from the shamanic tradition.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2020 :  01:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah - I did look up what the elephant represents

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000