Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Root Chakra and anal relaxation - Strange thread
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auche Nah-10

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  09:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had been trying to awaken my root chakra for years, and in the last year started listening to certain frequencies on YouTube that were supposed to help. I listened to them in the background whenever I used my computer, which is quite a lot. Nothing seemed to be changing in me for the longest time, until one day I realized something extremely strange and awkward. Something I don't feel comfortable talking about with people outside of the internet. I realized I had been holding my anus constantly clenched my entire life. I'm not sure if I was doing it in my sleep or not. I was so used to it that I didn't even know I was doing it. I would consciously make myself relax it, and it was shockingly hard. I didn't realize that being "anal retentive" could be a real, physical thing and not just some figure of speech. So I practiced reminding myself to relax it whenever I was sitting down or laying down. Even in these comfortable positions it was difficult to remember. Whenever I focused very hard on something, or changed tasks, I would subsonciously clench it again. I've come a long way, and my anus is much more relaxed all the time, but not perfectly so.
I remember the day so clearly, and how it felt. I felt the most beautiful and deeply moving spiritual energy pulsing and flowing in that area, down out my anus and up through my perineum. The color red had never looked so beautiful. It used to put me on edge, like how the sight of blood can do. But now when I see a deep, vibrant red I feel so at home. I felt so shocked by how powerful this energy was. That was the day I realized that chakras are real. That this is not some "hippy BS" as less experimental people would hastily label it. I felt all the symptoms I had read about, about an activated root chakra. So I know that relaxing my anus had something to do with it. It's a very strange and awkward thing that people just don't talk about. I almost feel the need to ask others in my life if they're clenching it too or if it was really just me, and a few rare others.
But the real reason I'm making this thread is because I'm having trouble keeping it fully relaxed while moving around, doing things. I feel sometimes like I can't completely use the entirety of my core muscles, specifically the lowest parts of the abdomen, without either having my anus clenched or pushed out. I prefer to push it out now, as I'm trying to get away from clenching it altogether. Still, when things catch me off guard or distract me or overwhelm me for any reason, I tend to instinctively and subconsciously clench it, and I'm getting better at reminding myself to let it go. Is this a normal instinct? Will this go away with enough practice or are people supposed to tighten up in that area to a certain degree whenever anything alarming happens?
I've also realized that I can't even keep it completely relaxed while deeply breathing. It slightly moves and tenses up a tiny bit when I breathe in properly. And each and every exhale is a journey to letting it go back to complete relaxation all over again. I always feel like I'm not letting it go fast enough, like the instant I release my breath I should be able to have it completely relaxed again, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe it has to take several seconds to relax completely with each exhale.
I really don't know. Can you ever truly live your life with your anus COMPLETELY relaxed all the time, and only tense and pushing down and out when need be? And should you? Attempting to sure did open my root chakra, so I can only guess I should try to push this practice further. I just wonder if I'm worrying too much about it or if I'm not worrying about it enough. Maybe it really is the main key to activating the rest of my kundalini.
ANY input would be great. Thank you.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  03:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Auche Nah-10, welcome

We all carry tensions in the body, if we notice this or not. Becoming aware of these tensions is a step forwards. Only then it is possible to release and relax them, like you experienced.

Life starts at the root, this is the base, the fundament. Life is not always easy, and if we do not feel safe in daily life, we tighten up in that area, it could be a habit from early childhood. This way we all have tensions in the body and blockages in the (chakra)system.

To remove tensions and blockages a steady daily practice will be needed. Do you have a daily yoga/meditation practice? If you are interested you can start reading here. Reading the AYPlessons might give you insights and with a daily practice you will have the opportunity to open up the whole (chakra)system as a beautiful journey. This takes time and practice.
Feel free to ask your questions here in the forums.

Go to Top of Page

Auche Nah-10

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  06:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Charliedog

Yes, I have been practicing a basic yoga routine for about an hour a day for quite some time. It's the only thing that fixes my awful breathing problems I've had for years. It's miraculous.
But I have notice that it's difficult to stay perfectly relaxed down there throughout the practice, but it definitely makes me better at it.

I also forgot to mention something else very important! Although my personal belief is that anal sex destabilizes the root chakra and causes harmful blockages, I wonder. Are there any negative effects to holding an electronic vibrator against your perineum? I tried it once and I felt much more relaxed the next day, much easier to hold it that way. But I also wasn't sure. Is this perhaps some sort of abuse? Would it be better for me to learn to relax it all the time in a more natural, disciplined progression? All vibrators vibrate at a different frequency, so maybe some are "offbeat" with the way your root energy is supposed to flow. I could imagine some of them being bad even if not all of them are. It'd be so hard to figure out, too. How would you know exactly what frequency your vibrator is at? And how would you know which frequencies are good or bad for your perineum? This seems like the kind of thing I'll never really get a clear truthful answer on, but it needs to be asked about somewhere. And from that perspective, I assume it would be smarter to just not use them at all.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  07:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes, I have been practicing a basic yoga routine for about an hour a day for quite some time. It's the only thing that fixes my awful breathing problems I've had for years. It's miraculous.
But I have notice that it's difficult to stay perfectly relaxed down there throughout the practice, but it definitely makes me better at it.

Read this lesson www.aypsite.com/55.html to inform yourself and there is also asvinimudra as a practice, maybe this and other lessons will answer also your second mentioning. You have all wisdom inside, and from that perspective you answered your own question.

Please take your time to read through the lessons, starting with the one I mentioned in my first answer to your post.

Go to Top of Page

Rarindust01

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2020 :  4:22:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kanda and the root chakra.
Depending on who is writing or speaking these words can refer to different things.
Just as chakras are sometimes said to be located in the spine, yet the spine has nerves that extend into the body.

The prostatic plexus extends from the spine to the prostate. The prostate is a sexual gland right in front of the anus, directly below the bladder, above the perineum.
It is a gland just as the testicles are.
When used in a sexual manner it is responsible for full body orgasms.
In my personal opinion combined with pranayama it is most likely responsible for the wholesome non sexual bliss felt.
As it already has the ability to stimulate the entire body, it has that connection.
Prostatic plexus = prostate nerves connect to spine. They are also seperate nerves from testicals.
Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

Rudy

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2023 :  06:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found that massaging my prostate every day for about 20min helped me a lot with moving my sexual energy up in my body. It also helped me to get rid of wet dreams. I don't recommend these prostate massage tools (with vibrators and all). Just a pen or pencil with rounded edges is enough to reach in. Gentle massage causes the whole area to relax and the pleasure you feel is unremarkable easy to move up. After a while you can combine this with normal stimulation and it is a very easy way to learn to move the energy from the tip of the penis to the prostate and from there up the spine. It is good for training but I don't recommend this while uniting with your woman.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2023 :  02:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a prostatectomy in 2010 (removal of the prostate) which required a year of attention (pranayama, asana, tantra) for physical arousal to return via neurological regeneration. I began my AYP meditation practice in 2013, became conductive in 2017. Having a prostate is not needed for practices to become effective; as long as a man has testes, he will be able to eventually experience automatic vajroli and bliss states. Bramacharya is certainly an important practice towards advancement, but it should not be too militant in its execution. There is a lot to be said for the concept of “gently favoring”, the mantra, when you are off it; the silence, when you witness you are lost in thoughts; the breath, to ‘return’ to the body. Favor withholding semen in a loving and gentle way with yourself.

Considering OP’s original post, I do believe through his practice he is witnessing his anus and perineum in a new way as he purifies through meditation. I do believe he should back off his attention from the area, simply witness and relax it as much as he can in the moment, and be satisfied with that. Build relaxation of the area into the top of the inhale, and release attention on the exhale. Auche Nah, you do not have to micromanage your anus.

Rudy and Rarindust, whether to vibrate or not, whether to engage your anus or perineum or not, is a part of the great spiritual experiment we are all undertaking. Each of us will find our own ways through our beliefs, thoughts, practices, upbringing, fears, etc. If you are gearing your sexual practices towards liberation (as I am), we practice and reflect (self inquiry). We find relationships with our bodies, because our body presents us with the only opportunity to experience liberation in this lifetime. We must love our bodies by finding silence and knowledge within, through the discipline of DM. All other practices that have the intention of liberation should be undertaken with love and respect for your wellbeing. Intention matters. Reflection in silence builds a confident inner guru.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 11 2023 02:08:51 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000