Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Forward Progression - An Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2020 :  09:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone:

i thought i would share my experiences thus far. I'm quite surprised at what;s occurred

So i started back into DM and SBP on Friday. Here it is Wednesday. Well Wednesday in my part of the world; Australia.

So I have noticed that i am dealing with life better. I'm calmer, and less impatient and aggro. Aggro for u americans means angry, in aussie terms! And just less restless too in every day life, which is such a bonus for me.

So since incorporating SBP, particularly at night, Im noticing energies running all around my body as im trying to sleep. basically it feels like energy rjght under my skin. last night, it happened again, except this time, i was getting all kinds of images from my third eye. Kind of like how you can see in your minds eye, a thought forming in circles, except this time there was colour everywhere. All good and im trying not to get caught up in any of these experiences.
As Yogani says favour the practise, over the experiences!

Oh and i could feel energies through my spinal area last nigth when trying to sleep and i could feel it throbbing, which i guess is kundalini, which is not the first time i have felt it.

I'm quite happy with the progress and so quickly. And was thinking maybe this is sparked cos i'm serious about my spritiual practise, this time around and maybe this is just the right time for me to progress on my spiritual path.

Maria

Edited by - SparklingDiamond on Jun 03 2020 09:29:37 AM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2020 :  12:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maria,

It sounds if you are right back on track. Enjoy,

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2020 :  10:08:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CharlieDog

I really want to discipline myself and stick with this. Any advice for a personality that tends to chop and change? Im a jack of all trades, master of none, and want very much to not be this way.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2020 :  1:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From personal experience, I use 40days rituals to integrate a new habit or practice. It works as follows: make an appointment with yourself to stick with a habit/practice for 40days. Print a 40days challenge calendar (you can find them on the internet). Practice everyday and when you practiced you mark your calendar with a heart/sun/cross/star....if you forget one day, start again with day one.
After 40 days you integrated a new habit (your daily practice) in your daily life. Maybe you will have to start some times again with day one, and maybe not, good luck

Also useful to loose an addiction
Go to Top of Page

zamolxes

Romania
93 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2020 :  1:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Diamond,

Regarding the jack of all trades, I have a friend who couldn't stick to practices or any kind of spiritual endevours. He was too stuck with everyday life and too lost in his opinions.

A very clear motivation would be to set your bhakti, to see what it is really that you want, to see your innermost desire. Which of course, would (if seen properly) be related to spiritual progress, because it all goes hand in hand. It helps a lot to remember what you longed for in your childhood, the joy of just playing outside and the innocence. Once you discover the innocence in you in regard with your ambition towards enlightenment a longing will sprout. A love for adventure, a spiritual adventure, it sometimes can become so strong that every little thing that you may want to do will lack in color. Then your life starts to transform, you will be more opened towards 'meaningless' happenings, and certain 'coincidences' in your life will challenge you and push you forward. This is the fuel that really makes a difference in spiritual practices.
And of course there will be times when you don't quite feel like doing that, and I must say that the best thing to do is to ride the wave, not to force things.
Once you remind yourself of why you started you'll start to see, especially in meditation, the things that drag you down.
So yeah, the most important thing in this game of evolution would be the place you play it. It makes a lot of difference doing it while flowing on a river of light and inspiration, free, and doing it with trembling legs.
Hope you'll move forward without blocks.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2020 :  9:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Zamolxes and Charliedog!!

Zamolxes I am reading and re reading your post. Thank you so much for your help and kind words!

Im still on track with my twice a day SBP and meditations. Determined!! So thank you for all your help towards that!

Blessings to you,

Maria
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000