Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Why is that?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently I wondered about the majority of forum-threads being about struggle, anxiety, isolation, irritability and the like. As AYP is designed to move towards ecstatic conductivity and divine bliss steadily, a great deal of experiences should be about those. Maybe the whole thing is biased with many smooth-going AYPlers out there and only difficulties taken to the forum. (If so, it would be nice to read some experience from those travelling smoothly along the road :)

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  6:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Cato, difficultly is often aired in the forum, as this is a good place to find help, assurance, and conversation. Many practitioners who have had a premature awakening often find the going rough. I would say my journey has been mostly smooth and positive; the AYP system was my first meditation experience (almost seven years ago) and fostered ecstatic conductivity just as promised in the lessons. I am living proof of the effectiveness of AYP, and attribute my smooth journey to the open knowledge of Yogani’s design, the advocation of “slow and steady”, continuous grounding, and the self pacing my practice.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  7:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cato, A very keen observation. I certainly have done my share of reaching out to the group for support. In many of my posts there is expressed appreciation for the practices and Yogani's teachings. Despite some struggles finding a clear path, I have found AYP practices deeply meaningful in my life. Your post reminds me of two things. When someone is upset they typically tell 10 friends, when they are happy they may tell one or two. Second, it's only a recent development that the positive psychology movement has emerged. It focuses on people who are healthy, trying to learn from them. Historically medicine has focused on pathology. It's a little like the news, what bleeds, leads. Lastly I think many find their way to the forum out of desperation. These practices are a true gift but fairly tricky for modern folks to truly explore in the way Yogani suggests. We live in an instant gratification world. I am so interested in going further in the teachings/practices but have had to hold where I am for months after the message of self pacing has been repeated over and over, for good reasons. How often have experienced practitioners started their response with "you have taken on many practices very quickly...." It may just be the nature of this unique practice where the burden of responsibility falls on the practitioner, not the teacher. And my last comment is it seems to me most of the people with the most struggles come to this forum having had problems from non AYP practices. It is the good will of this group to serve as a safe harbor for struggling souls.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  04:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Good point Well we all come here because the path had its downs and struggles.Those who are lucky enough and end up smooth sailing , well most go into a silence cause there is nothing really to talk about. Some stay around the forums and keep helping others, some stay around for a while then leave the forums.But both categories of smooth sailors will not chit chat about bliss and silence cause they dislike being put on a pedestal and it will create more unnecessary mind stories for beginners.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  05:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
along the lines friction
sparks are thus produced
a fire born within
takes hold of the tinder dry
out with the dead wood
comes a flourish of new
sometimes a painful birth
without a sugar coated pill
rebirth reborn re introduced
into the pain the mundane
the bungee jump of ecstasy
knowing bliss as a friend
a companion a hand to hold
smoothness berates the jagged
sandpapering the heart takes time
sometimes so misshaped in form
its taken the universe this long
to create the human kind
the dharma of practice
a thought well conditioned
well experienced well done
a minimal quest without total
nobodies counting the way you feel
the only one who notices is you

Go to Top of Page

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  05:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
it seems to me most of the people with the most struggles come to this forum having had problems from non AYP practices.

This is my impression as well. Also if new practitioners cannot stop piling on AYP practices in a rushed manner.

If you browse my threads on this forum you will find that I also used to pile up practices but I got clear counseling and I adhered to it. Sure, I experience mild overload sometimes or the occasional night in which the energy keeps me awake, shaking my body around the place. Nothing too bad though, everyday living has been very smooth for me. Sometimes I am frustrated because I want to move faster along the path. But from a less bhakti driven perspective, transformation is occuring very rapidly already. If it's going smoothly or not depends on luck (karmic blockages?) also. Someone else might have experienced premature awakening when rushing practises.

I like reading your posts Cato, we seem to experience kinda similar kundalini symptoms. So please keep me posted

I decided to attend the upcoming eight day retreat in germany. Maybe you do to?

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  07:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stille
I also used to pile up practices but I got clear counseling and I adhered to it.

You might be among the few, Stille
Before people experience overload for themselves, it's difficult to understand the caution. Luckily, for most AYP beginners who overdo, the rising energy gives them only a little bit of a shock, so they soon learn why self pacing is so important.

Yes, this forum seems to get found by people with severe kundalini symptoms. I guess the keywords they use when researching their problems are already published here, so more people with similar problems will come.

quote:
Originally posted by Cato
it would be nice to read some experience from those travelling smoothly along the road :)

I can't say my journey has always been smooth partly because, without realising it, I already had some kundalini imbalances before switching to AYP. What I can say is that it's all worth it. Whatever price I've had to pay, I would pay it again and more, because the return is priceless.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  4:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My friends, thank you so much. You confirm what was my thinking as well. I can't wait to enter a stage where everyday life gets smooth. It's encouraging to hear things go well for some. I am still trying to figure out how all these practices fit together well for me. I'm sure they will. These days, I am practicing with a routine Dogboy recommended and will not add additonal practices until I can be sure to be in a safe place.

quote:

I like reading your posts Cato, we seem to experience kinda similar kundalini symptoms. So please keep me posted

I decided to attend the upcoming eight day retreat in germany. Maybe you do to?

Thanks for that! Of course I will keep you posted. Good to know there are people around with similar issues being in kinda the same stage. I would very much like to join the retreat and was thinking about that. Unfortunately, my duties don't allow to attend. I hope I will be able to join some day.

@interpaul, you are absolutely right. I have found AYP highly meaningful in my life as well. Even though I wouldn't say this is based on improvements in everyday life, it's more like a gut feeling to be in the right place and to do the right thing.

@kumar, are the lines you post here and there written by yourself? It's impressive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000