Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Sinus feeling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 14 2020 :  04:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have self paced down to 10 minutes of DM snd 10 min rest. It feels better, no heat or restlessness but a pressure remains in the head during some part of my day. At morning specifically I feel my sinuses as if they are filled with plegm and it hurts in a subtly annoying way.

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - May 14 2020 :  09:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anahora,

If you feel that you need to cut back further, because of uncomfortable feelings during the day, then you can switch to breathing meditation for a while.

See this lesson:

Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators

"For those who are over-sensitive to mantra meditation, no matter how it is approached, it is suggested to use an object for meditation other than a mantra. There are certainly alternative ways to cultivate abiding inner silence in the nervous system. An ancient and reliable method of meditation used widely in the Buddhist system, and elsewhere, involves using the breath as object, rather than mantra.

We can meditate using our breath in the same way we meditate with mantra. The procedure is the same. Starting out, we sit with eyes closed and easily bring our attention to our breath. When we notice that our attention is no longer on our breath, we easily bring it back to the breath. If our attention and the breath have become refined, we come back to the breath at that refined level, just the way we would bring our attention back to a refined level of the mantra if that is where we are when we notice we are off the object of our meditation. And just as with mantra meditation, in breath meditation there can be thoughts or no thoughts with awareness of breath. We don't try and push thoughts out. We just easily favor the breath, no matter what else may be going on. So, the basic instructions for breath meditation are the same as the instructions for mantra meditation." [Yogani]

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  07:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anahora,

In spring irritation and congestion of the sinuses may be due to allergies, as you know. Sinus congestion may be experienced as pressure in the head.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 19 2020 :  1:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the abundant information Blanche and esp. Christi!

I have had many questions, but I have regarded them as over rationalising. One remains though.. How do you feel when you consider yourself ”done” with self pacing/overload? Furthermore, do you then have to add 5 minutes DM/SBP with weeks of interval?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 19 2020 :  2:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Anahora
When grounding is solid, usually after some time of self pacing which ranges from few days till weeks and weeks you will feel very at ease in your daily life , there is a smoothness
Then you might increase the practice time for DM with or without doing the same for SBP. Your intuition will tell you what practice to add and what duration, so follow that
Then keep observing for few weeks and do the necessary adjustments whether increasing or decreasing as you see needed

Edited by - maheswari on May 19 2020 2:41:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 21 2020 :  04:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay. I don’t know but I may jump to 20 minutes DM and see even though I have been not doing practice. I really feel more smooth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000