Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Is this Kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wordbender

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  01:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all
I am a 49 year old guy Manchester, and have a peculiar trick I thought i would like to investigate. At will, I can do something with my diaphragm/solar plexus area, that floods my body with some kind of energy. In pulses of 1-1.5 seconds, it is entirely pleasurable...head, fingers, toes, chest, everywhere, and though it floors me for a second, it leaves me instantly fluid, focused, relaxed, happy and pain -free. I was concerned initially that I was borrowing against my body's natural serotonin/dopamine levels, though I have been advised by a neurologist at Manchester University that this is unlikely, as the body would automatically balance these levels and told me it sounded like my Vagus nerve and that cross-wiring probably allowed me to access pleasure sensors. After furrther reading, it appears to be something to do with my fight or flight mechanism, and my sympathetic nervous system releasing neurotransmitters. I won't pretend I know anything about this. Stage three of this letter came in the form of a bad back. I am a chef and am normally jumping about all day, but wo months of lockdown has wrecked the bottom of my back. I looked into, and started doing some Kundalini Yoga, with exercises for the adrenal gland, chosen at random for the stretching.. I hadn't yet made the link. I lay down two days ago... and experienced the most violent electric shock in my head... Big flash, loud crack, head shot back... No pain whatsoever. The party trick that I could do with my stomach, I can now direct at will... that intense feeling of ecstasy seems much more accessible and governs my day. And my back feels amazing. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Peace and light JP

Edited by - AYPforum on May 07 2020 06:28:36 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  06:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello JP

Yes, it sounds like you were able to manipulate some of your body's energy (prana) at will, without having done any yoga practice.

Is it kundalini? The difference between prana movement and kundalini is only a matter of intensity. Yogani wrote somewhere that kundalini is "prana on steroids". A matter of intensity, so there isn't and a clear boundary between the two.

One word of advice, if you can use it (I know advice is usually easier to give than to take ):
Every gift comes with some responsibility. At the end of the day, we all have to pay for our privileges, yes?
Be careful how you use your spontaneous ability to move the energy in your body. It might come at the price of being quite sensitive to yoga practices. Kundalini yoga might be too much of an energy boost for you. The energy has to be balanced by developing the Witness. And this, to my knowledge at least, is where kundalini yoga is cutting corners. One day the energy feels great, but another day it might hit some blockages along its channels and it won't feel so great. If you read through posts on these forums you will come across plenty of examples.

In short: If you're planning to explore yoga, lead with a tried and tested meditation method (Lesson 13 if you are looking for one). Whatever you do, stay away from the crown till you are really advanced (and stable) in your practice.

If you still have leisure after this lockdown (it looks like they might be letting us back out from Monday ), you might benefit from reading the lessons on this website. They will give you a good understanding of what is happening with your energy.

All the best and take care.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  06:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  4:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wordbender, Welcome to the forum. I completely agree with everything BlueRaincoat said. I had a similar experience moving prana at will but it wasn't balanced and eventually without a stable practice you may run into problems. Yogani's method is very reliable and safe if followed as he outlines it. Who wouldn't want to feel the pleasure you are feeling. I've often thought of the experiments where rats are given cocaine if they push the right button. After they figure that out, they stop eating and just keep pleasuring themselves. Prana is a very powerful force. What you are experiencing is just the beginning of something that has the potential to be truly wonderful and beyond the simple trick you've discovered. Take the time to develop this new found power. My only advice is take your time. Yogani describes his offerings as an "all you can eat smorgesboard" If you indulge in all his practices too quickly, things will not go well for you. Take head of the teachings on self pacing. Take your time and enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Wordbender

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  01:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning guys. Thank you for your advice ( can't wait to find out what the witness is!) I will of course be careful. My former partner was the curator of the Philosophical Research Society Library in Los Feliz, an amazing place, where I sat for a couple of years, pouring over the mysteries. Please believe that the subject will be receiving the reverence and care that it demands. Thank you again.

Edited by - Wordbender on May 08 2020 03:30:52 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000