Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Christian Holy Spirit/Kundalini opening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kushu2000

Slovenia
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2020 :  3:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys!
This is my first post here and I literally made this account so that I can ask this question lol.

Basically, this is my story. 2 years ago, at age of 18, I had a REALLY bad LSD experience. It almost killed me. After the "trip" had ended, I was still in the "trip". I was experiencing LSD-like visuals even after the drug wore off, for about 3 months (they call this flashbacks/HPPD).

After about 3 months, the visual distortions wore off and got healed by 90%, but there are still some visual distortions I experience (colors are different, and i have a slightly "depersonalized" feeling (birds can sounds robotic, not real, people can seem a bit "animated"..hard to explain).

And so, I have been a seeker of truth for some time and basically it is the only rhing I care about , i have studied Krishnamurti, Kundalini etc. So i am not completely new to the subjects discussed on this forum.

About 2 months ago, I cried out to Jesus one day, because I have seen people on Youtube talking about experiencing "the Holy spirit" and so I said to myself "hmm this sounds cool, i want to have this too".

And so, long story short, I experienced this "holy spirit" and since then it feel like a hige weight has gone off of my shoulders, and i feel much more free and my heart is more open.

But, i still experience some of those visual distortions. Now, i believe i can heal myself 100% from them and with prayer i have seen miracles happen already, but i have one question.

Basically, i am afraid of pursuing kundalini awakening. I know, from my personal experience (after that bad LSD trip) and from reading people's stories online, that this stuff csn literally make you crazy. But, on the flipside, I WANT the Truth of who I am. So, i dont know what to do.

I also wonder if Kundalini and the Holy spirit are the same thing? I have heard that there are two types of the Kundalini fire, the one that is called "Holy spirit" and the one that is called "Sacred secretion". Now I dont know that is true, but some people say Kundalini is counterfeit, especially in the Christian circles (but that doesnt make sense to me because if Kundalini is "false" then why would EVERY single human have this energy located in their spine??)

Thanks in advance.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  03:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Kushu2000
and welcome to the forums
Do you have sitting practices? if not, and if you are interested, you can check lesson 13 and 41 about deep meditation and spinal breathing. The approach in AYP is to learn practices very gradually and to keep oneself grounded . There is no active seeking to awaken Kundalini, it usually happens under the hood when practices are efficient and reasonably managed.Also LSD are experiences that come and go , meaning a dream within the dream. LSD can make the person interested to start sitting practices , but it has no added value by itself and can be harmful as you said, so the wise thing is to stop using it
As for your other questions about tyoes of Kundalini and Holy Spirit , usually sitting practices will bring an inner silence in you where all these questions become irrelevant, you simply live your life on the cushion and off the cushion in quietude
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  10:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I also wonder if Kundalini and the Holy spirit are the same thing?

Hi Kushu2000:

Excellent advice from Maheswari.

On Kundalini/Holy Spirit, there is this from AYP Plus Lesson 221.1 on Yoga, Christianity and Kundalini:

quote:
My background is Christian also, going way back, and I have been using the practices in AYP for over 40 years. During that time, the depth of my understanding of the Christian experience has increased dramatically. Not necessarily in favor of the dogma of the Church, but for the reality of the enlightenment experience understood in Christian terms, with no human intermediary required.

From the AYP point of view, Kundalini and the Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost) are the same thing, so it is only a matter of semantics. The experience of energetic awakening is the same in all traditions and in all people, determined by the inner spiritual neurobiology of the human being and the practices utilized to stimulate purification and opening. Nothing to be afraid of, as long as a reasonable approach is taken with incremental steps, good self-pacing, and grounding in daily activity. It is our own divine nature we are unfolding day-by-day, year-by-year.

Kundalini is discussed in numerous other places in the lessons. Important to get things in the right order, so make sure to start with practice at the beginning of the AYP lessons, and not at the middle, or at the end. If you take things in order, without rushing through, everything will be fine. One step at a time... The journey of human spiritual transformation is a marathon, not a sprint.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: You can find AYP advice on hallucinogens here: https://aypsite.org/307.html

Go to Top of Page

Kushu2000

Slovenia
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  05:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow thank you guys so much #128525;
And yes, maheswari, to answer your question, I practice: 1) Anapannasati (breath meditation) 2) Prayer 3) Letting go of thoughts (observing the ego).
Thank you yogani, will also look into that practice, but i am a bit confused as to what practice to do, because there are so many and the ones i have are working just fine.
I do not want to have too many practices since i just want to master a few, if that makes sense (i want to squeeze all the juice out of those few, instead of just jumping from one practice to the other).
Peace and blessing.#128591;
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000