New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2020 :  4:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
after meditating with his disciples outside, a master opened his eyes, there where two trees in the distance one was dry and bare the other was full of leaves, he asked his disciples which one is better, one disciple answered the one with the leaves ,the other replied the dry one is better ,just then some guy walked past and the master asked him which was better ,the guy said the dry one has to live with its dryness ,while the one with its leaves has to live with its leaves and that is all .
Go to Top of Page

Still

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2020 :  3:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Jim and His Karma - I like your "Pandemic Perspective Ted Talk". It resonates. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

smileforme

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2020 :  02:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Om Shanti! It is somehow funny in a good way to see people frustrated about dying while Yogis meditate to see the ultimate death and conquer life. It is not a crisis by any means in my humble opinion. It is just a knock. I just saw so many yogis shaken up and lose control over this situation. Brother and sister who practice Yoga shouldn't have to be worried. Our body is capable of healing itself.

A person came and asked me what I think about this corona and I told him there is no corona. He was so surprised how I was saying that. The so called Yogis are telling people to sit inside their house rather than outside breathing natural air and enjoying the sun. This is your medication. Eat vegetables and heal yourself. Drop your nectar like water here is your healing.

Allow me to tell you a funny story. In Africa, there are some government owned houses that are given to less fortunate people. Those houses share a bathroom and there is a guy who goes every single night around 8 PM and stays for at least 40 minutes. His neighbor doesn't like it because every single time he goes to the bathroom this guy is sitting and won't leave.

So, he decided to tell him the situation and he did. But, the other guy didn't care. Every single time he takes over 40 minutes inside the shared bathroom.
So one day the neighbor decided to wait for him inside and when he was about to enter the room he slapped him on the face. There is not enough lightning around the restroom somehow it is darker so the other guy who got slapped in darkness ran away and went to his house out of fear.

The next day, neighbors gathered at the other guy's house. The guy who slapped him asked what was going on, they told him this guy when he tried to go to the bathroom yesterday he just got slapped by the evil spirit.

He was fully aware of what he did but he never told them. After listening to what they said, he left for work. The other guy is sleeping on his bed and his face is swollen. 7 days passed and the guy is still on his bed, his face swollen. Lastly the one who slapped him went to his house and told him what he did. The guy who was sick didn't take him a single day to become fine and started to annoy him by spending much more time in the restroom.

What I wanted to say is, You come to this world and you will leave this world. This is inevitable. If I'm leaving planet earth for the better life of the human race so let it be. Why the frustration? Why act like a freaking weirdo? You are covering your face covering your hand. My goodness if you want to live life fully, live like an angel showing your smile. If you have to die don't die like a coward. I assure you if you don't listen to the media for a few days you won't feel anything.

As a raja yoga practitioner the one thing that we are careful about is what we listen to. You are an accumulation of thought. If you get up and listen to CNN or NCBC or whatever they are called about the corona, you will become Corona. You don't know their motive why they are talking about it day and night. News in general is created to broadcast negativity not positivity. Why are you wasting your time listening to the media? If you get up early morning and stay in silence you will become silent.

I never followed the news when I was living by myself in Africa. Not a single day. But after I started living in the US I will be called to come to the living room and what they play is CNN and the other channel. I ended up watching the news and it is not good for every single Americans. It is nothing but negative vibration like every other news.
Go to Top of Page

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2020 :  1:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you know, some people cover their faces and their hands not for themselves, but for others. For all those who might be at risk and might just are about to discover the secrets of yoga.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2020 :  1:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello smileforme
i agree with you concerning the media
But as for people, whether yogis or not, we do not judge their behavior. If they want to stay inside so be it , if they want to go out so be it. You do what you choose for yourself . Yogis are not superior to others, and there is no real yogis versus so called yogis, everyone is trying his/her best. Some compassion and understanding is needed here.
Is there Covid 19? No one can say for 100% if there is Covid 19 or if there is not. I say : i dont know ( like i do not know about most things these days, cause all ideas when questioned do not seem true) .Meanwhile . all we can do is being sweet with people and do the recommended precautions for us and for others. Saying there is no Covid is yet another idea, a belief that can not be 100% proved and it can be some sort of denial which hides fear or judgment or 'let us go back to normal business" or etc etc .....
Covid 19 is a crisis. Have not you heard of people loosing their jobs and not having any money?! So whether Covid 19 is true or a lie ( like the conspiracy theorists keep saying) , it does not really matter cause humans are affected on so many levels
Yoga is more conquering yourself and not conquering life nor death nor seeing what others are doing or not doing. A yogi that still sees he is on a mission to do anything is still an ego , and spiritual egos are the hardest to die
TGIIY

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 18 2020 1:37:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2020 :  7:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

smileforme

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  04:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Om shanti, Who are you Maheswari? Please I never asked your name or your profession? I said, who are you? What is the self? If you know yourself, you will know life. Life or death you are one. You are life as well as death. unshakable, one doesn't change affected by the outside factors.

I can't sugarcoat and show you compassion where there is no need for one.
Just like I don't feel sorry people are living, I don't feel sorry that they are dying or (changing costume). I absolutely don't feel sorry if I die or live too. There is no difference between life and death to me.

If you want to know what true compassion is, early morning go to the supermarket with smile on your face give all those frustrated people a drishti not hiding in the house. Being a Yogi is not about bending the body. It is about radiating all the virtues that body conscious people lack.
If people were touched by a yogi, they wouldn't have been wearing this mask. They wouldn't have played the media and become victims of negative vibration. Everything we see, hear and feel is a vibration. The virus that you have been told doesn't come magically as it has been with us all along. Why don't you accept it with love and happiness like you are accepting cats and dogs in your house?

Like I said previously, it is not a crisis. Have you said money? I call it an attachment. At least because of this situation you will end up learning to be happy without money (attachment). At least this way, you will truly understand what attachment is and be free from illusion. Society has been trying to buy happiness for so long it is time to look inside. Now they will have to search for it for freedom. It is not a crisis, it is just a knock.

Again, If you are a true Yogi, Go out and give drishti share the vibration to the limitless knowledge of I so that dependency will then finish. Don't be an embarrassment to nature hiding inside. Om Shanti!

Edited by - smileforme on Apr 19 2020 04:42:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  06:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is no giver ,no gift and no receiver of the gift ,wisdom without compassion is folly ,compassion without wisdom is folly ,truth lies between the two ,reality is like a face reflected in the blade of a knife its properties depend on the angle from which you view it .
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  09:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is no such thing as Yogi identity, it is your dream that you like so much, you are delusional with spiritual ideas that are not differemt than from any other ideas
Give drishti ? I will leave it to you since you are prophet
as for money , people have bills to pay and kids to feed, so your talk is just irrational
i find it very rude of you to undermine this thread that was started by practionners to express how they feel
And please nor more Shanti usage and yoga jargon cause your words have no iota of compassion

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 19 2020 09:15:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

smileforme

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  6:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Still

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2020 :  03:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience the mind is like a hall of mirrors. Full of assumption, bias, belief and identity. So seductive...Self Inquiry is helpful. The rise of the witness can illuminate the illusion. How can one judge another or oneself harshly when the strategies of the mind are seen? I feel to come from the heart and be compassionate to self and others is part of the path of self discovery. Lets support each other along the way. There is indeed much suffering in this world...to deny that and create a sense of us and them is mind stuff...but there is a possibility not to suffer. Practice, practice, practice...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000