Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 local community
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  7:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Although I've greatly enjoyed the online courses and responses to my questions from the community I've wondered if there is a way to connect with other like minded people locally. My understanding is there are only occasional retreats and workshops but not an active local community. When I click on the link to the left that says "local contacts, meditation groups, training and retreats" there is no one within hundreds of miles of my location listed. Any suggestions?

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  10:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul,

If there is no available contact in your area, you could consider becoming one, and starting your own local spiritual community. For example, you could advertise in your community a time and place to meet for weekly meditations, and offer simple instructions in DM for people who are looking to learn to meditate. Serving others is the best way to serve yourself, and take your practice to another level. Best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2020 :  6:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche, Thanks for your suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

stellaa9x

Bangladesh
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  9:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche, thanks u,good suggestion
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  07:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  7:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great question, interpaul. I've wondered the same. Nobody by me, either.

quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

Serving others is the best way to serve yourself, and take your practice to another level.

oh, wow. i needed to read that.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2020 :  06:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps you may want to look for zoom meetings in your local if there has one. :)
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2020 :  07:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

AYP Zoom events are listed here

There is one taking place in 10-days time.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

bbqmaster

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2020 :  01:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in Calgary, any other AYP yogi around?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000