Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Kechari initial attempt-tongue burns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2020 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear AYP practitioners,

I read thru most of Yogani’s AYP vol. 1 and Vol.2 books. It contains very simple, direct and clear instructions for some one to pickup and practice DM and SBP and see for oneself the happenings.

I have been practicing 10 min SBP and 20 mins DM more or less for almost a year.
I have added various mudras along the way. But mostly I am sticking with a few alternate nostril breathing, SBP, and DM once daily. Note my DM is kind of a mix between mantra meditation and chakra meditation. But it seems to be working for me.

Three days ago, I had the urge to connect my tongue to the upper palate During DM. so I did and didnt think much of it. But 2 days ago I noticed that my tongue has some blisters on one side just behind the tip and have this constant burning sensation. I cant help but wonder if this is a reaction to my attempt at Kechari.

Has someone experienced the tongue burning sensation? Thanks for sharing your insights.

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2020 :  4:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Firststep, Welcome to the forum. I am relatively new here as well but I have not experienced any blistering from kechari. Blisters and burning sensation could be the sign of a herpes infection of the tongue or possibly a traumatic irritation if you were pressing the tip of your tongue too firmly against the hard palate. How long and with how much pressure were you pressing your tongue?
Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2020 :  8:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response Interpaul.

I probably pressed the tongue hard against the upper palate. I had bitten my tongue before. The irritation I have now feels similar. The only thing that is different is I felt a tingling sensation in my tongue for a few hours after the meditation the dayI did Kechari. I have backed off it. And the tingling sensation has gone now.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  01:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Firststep, Glad to hear. I am finding all of these practices require fine tuning until we get out of the "clunky" phase.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  06:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forum, firststep
quote:
Originally posted by firststep
But 2 days ago I noticed that my tongue has some blisters on one side just behind the tip and have this constant burning sensation. I cant help but wonder if this is a reaction to my attempt at Kechari.

Yes, burning and blisters can happen as a result of Kechari. A lot of energy passes through the area where the tongue touches the palate. The advice is to stick to milder practices to avoid injuring yourself.

Practice wisely and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  5:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Interpaul. It is definitely clunky. I will try Kechari again in a week or two.

BlueRaincoat, thanks for the response. It does seem like the Kundalini energy wants to move everywhere inside the body as it pleases. I am staying as witness to this process. What else can I do?

Love all the wisdom that has been shared in this forum. It has answered many questions this past year.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000