Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Head is a mess
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2020 :  6:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am a 45 year old south Asian male and weigh 130 pounds.

I first started tantra 10 years back and practiced for 3 years which must have awakened my kundalini. But then I started to feel lethargic and tired hence I stopped tantra.

For the past 2 years there are always some sensations going on in my head and on top of my head. When I close my eyes to meditate the energy starts to go up and goes to my third eye. If I do any meditation like focusing on my body or my breath or do I AM mantra or do spinal breathing pranayama or do kriya yoga for even 5-10 mins I feel the energy flow to my head and third eye. It feels pleasurable but after a while I have burning and uncomfortable sensations in my body that will last for 2-3 hours.

When I indulge in tantric sex WITH ejaculation I feel much drained. When I indulge in tantric sex WITHOUT ejaculation I feel fatigued and have headaches. Hence I practice celibacy for 2-3 weeks.

I have tried doing self pacing for months. I have tried to keep myself involved in household chores and my work. But if I don´t meditate for some time time I feel more awful than what I feel when I meditate.

The biggest issue that I have is that I get uncomfortable sensations in my head after eating food. I usually eat healthy vegetarian food. As soon as I eat I have this head pressure which lasts for an hour or half and it very unsettling. I eat healthy home made vegetarian food.

I have gotten my glucose tests and blood test and brain MRI done and they are all normal.

I want to add that I have done around 2000 hours of vipassana meditation practice, which consist of watching breath and body sensations in the past 20 years.

My question is

1. Do people with kundalini have these symptoms of uncomfortable sensation in head after eating food? If so is there a way out of it. Does practicing celibacy lead to food rising to the head and causing post meal head pressure ?

I would really appreciate any input in this regard as I am really struggling.

Edited by - vd007 on Feb 20 2020 2:05:36 PM

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  10:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my six plus AYP experience, head pressure is part of the purification process. As long as you are not in pain, and it passes on it’s own, I would not be concerned. I have never experienced food-related pressure; perhaps there is an Ayurvedic solution?

You seem to have found the happy medium with your sexual practices, and know to self pace your meditation and breathing by monitoring your symptoms, so I would continue in this vein: observe, inquire, make adjustments as advised by your inner guru. If you are truly “struggling”, you may consider stopping all spiritual practices and make your diet heavier. My two cents.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000