Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Breathing,need to understand,help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shanhay54

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2019 :  7:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, my name is Jim and I need some help to understand what is going on with my body. I have been doing Wim Hof breading for 5 months and when I do that my body temperature starts rising and everyday I feel it more and more after round 4 my body feels like I am in sauna or that sweat?I am afraid of something bad can happen to me. And how I can control it. If you can help me to understand what is going on. And what I have to do.Room temperature where I do breathing is +17C.I start breathing from the abdomen, chest and then the head. 4 sets of 55 breaths.

Edited by - shanhay54 on Dec 27 2019 08:37:05 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2019 :  11:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2019 :  7:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jim

Practices involving the breath stimulate the energy in the body and can lead to the awakening of what yogis call kundalini energy. Wim Hof is quite an intense practice. It includes holding the breadth for fairly long intervals. Yogis call this kumbhaka and it is a powerful practice designed to get the energy going.

I guess the two most important things you need to know are:
1. Doing breathing practices on their own is risky. The safe way to approach them is to establish an effective meditation practice first. After that, breathing practices can be introduced gradually. It is true that some people, like Wim Hof himself, have been able to practice intensely without getting into energy problems. Based on their own experience, they advise other people to do the same. But it is not safe for everyone, and painful energy awakenings are fairly common.
2. With any energy practice, it is important to self pace, i.e. you build it up slowly, according to your own level of sensitivity (different people have different sensitivity levels). When you start to experience discomfort, you slow down or pause the practice altogether so that things don't get out of control.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

shanhay54

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2019 :  1:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,I do very intense breathing.from abdomen,chest and head.Four rounds. Fully in and 30-40% out.After 55 in and out I exhale everything out and holding as long as I can.Then fully in training t build pressure or energy in the head and spread that energy down to my body.I'm feeling that energy is going down.Then ice bath for a 7-10 minutes.After 4 months I started feeling discomfort in the head.Maybe that sign to stop.
Go to Top of Page

shanhay54

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2019 :  2:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for awesome advices.I will try to go easy.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2019 :  5:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by shanhay54
After 4 months I started feeling discomfort in the head.Maybe that sign to stop.

Yes, that is a good idea. The energy is ascending and, without a meditation practice, you could have a very unpleasant ride.

If you want to continue working with your energy, build a meditation practice for a few months to a year. Then you will start to develop the awareness necessary to do energy work safely.

If you click on the "Deep meditation" link on the left, you will find a lesson that teaches a very effective meditation technique.

Take care.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Dec 28 2019 5:25:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000