Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 peculiar sensation in the nose doing pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deivid

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2019 :  12:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello guys, I want to share something and I'd like to know if somebody experimented something similar and knows why it happen. When I practice the pranayama, slowing the breath, I have a sensation that I will try to describe: it is a bit like if I am breathing a liquid thought the nose, or like if the air become cold or burning. It is a kind of tickling and it last for long, sometimes all the season. It is inside, in the inner part of the nose. Is a interesting and pleasant sensation. First time I noted this sensation was in a vipassana retreat after observing my breath for many hours.
Also I have noted that during my live, even years before practicing pranayama or meditation, I had a similar sensation for some seconds, like an special smell or taste that appears suddenly in the nasal cavity without apparent reason or cause.

Thanks in advance and happy yoga practice,
David

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2019 :  1:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

At a certain stage in the process of purification, the breath entering the nostrils becomes ecstatic. This happens because the nostrils are located very close to the ida and pingala nadis which are two of the main energy channels in the body. We begin to be able to feel not only the physical air entering the nostrils, but also the prana entering the two side channels through the nostrils. The cold/ tickling/ pleasant or ecstatic sensations are produced by the prana. Sometimes prana can feel like electricity, or air and sometimes like a liquid.

The liquid sensation in the nasal cavity that has a pleasant taste or smell is amrita.

You may find these pages useful:

Lesson 304 - Diet, Kundalini, and the Nectar Cycle

The Divine nectar

And this podcast

Christi
Go to Top of Page

deivid

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2019 :  09:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Christi, interesting subject, I am more motivated now
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2019 :  10:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000