Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantras that help with throat/heart chakra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redbushlighter

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2019 :  1:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone.

I've been using the "shree shree I am I am" mantra for a couple months now. I had a premature kundalini awakening almost 2 years ago and it was recently pointed out to me that using this specific mantra makes one susceptible to energy overload as it stimulates the crown chakra in particular. So I've been wanting to cease using this one, as I often feel overloaded.

Specifically, I feel overloaded around my throat chakra. The energy has descended further down to my heart chakras since taking up solar centering a couple times a week, however it's still quite uncomfortable sometimes during meditation. During pranayama, energy tends to get stuck in the same part (on my spine right behind where my throat/chest is.)

Btw, my practice is 10min pranyama and 20min DM 2x a day, although I've been having to cut the DM short more frequently lately due to overload.

I feel like I'm ready for a change in practice as this isn't really feeling like it's working for me as effectively anymore.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2019 :  11:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear redbushlighter,

Is there a reason you started with this mantra enhancement instead of the recommended "I AM"? I get the impression you are already a sensitive person and I would not recommend you pick and choose practices at random, be it AYP ones or others. Stick to the AYP Lessons and go in that sequence.

Also if you are overloading cut first on pranayama - down to 5 mins, then deep meditation to 15 mins. There is a ratio to be maintained here... cutting back only on DM is not the recommended way. Pranayama is the energetic component and usually the culprit to overloading, albeitedly one can overload on DM also. The type of overload experienced feel different. Too much pranayama and you feel hyper and irritated and in extreme kundalini overload, psychotic /dark. Too much meditattion would make you feel sluggish and fuzzy / can't think; "out there-ish"

Good luck

Sey

Go to Top of Page

redbushlighter

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2019 :  10:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear redbushlighter,

Is there a reason you started with this mantra enhancement instead of the recommended "I AM"? I get the impression you are already a sensitive person and I would not recommend you pick and choose practices at random, be it AYP ones or others. Stick to the AYP Lessons and go in that sequence.

Also if you are overloading cut first on pranayama - down to 5 mins, then deep meditation to 15 mins. There is a ratio to be maintained here... cutting back only on DM is not the recommended way. Pranayama is the energetic component and usually the culprit to overloading, albeitedly one can overload on DM also. The type of overload experienced feel different. Too much pranayama and you feel hyper and irritated and in extreme kundalini overload, psychotic /dark. Too much meditattion would make you feel sluggish and fuzzy / can't think; "out there-ish"

I actually did start with I AM however I think I got a bit eager and moved on to the first enhancement too quickly... after about a month. Maybe 3 weeks.

Thanks for the reply. I knew there was a ratio to maintain however I wasn't consciously aware of the side-effects of too much pranayama and DM on their own.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2019 :  03:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Redbushlighter,

With the mantra enhancements, it is good to become well established with a particular mantra, before taking on any enhancement. "Well established" would mean at least 6-months to one-year. Changing a mantra every 6-months would be on the fast side.

There are also pre-conditions for taking on any mantra enhancement. These would include already being stable with your existing mantra. So, if you are already experiencing instability in your body, then that would not be the time to take on an enhancement.

So, I would recommend staying with the basic AYAM mantra for now and for quite a while into the future. You are right, that the SHREE mantra specifically targets the crown chakra, which is the least stable chakra in the body. So, if you are experiencing symptoms of energetic overload, then all the more reason to stick with the basic mantra.

If you are experiencing issues with your throat chakra, this can be caused simply by having too much energy rising up through the body and hitting a blockage at the throat. Using a specific mantra to target this chakra, may not help matters, as it could cause more prana to rise in the body, creating issues further up in the higher centres (ajna and crown).

In the AYP system, self-pacing is recommended to deal with energetic overload, rather than attempting to micro-manage chakras. As Sey mentioned, cutting down to 5 mins of SBP and 15 mins of Deep Meditation would be a good first step. If you are still getting issues, then you should cut back on timings further until you find a stable level of practice. Then, once you have been stable with your practices for a while, you can gradually begin to build back up again.

Self-pacing is an art, and is possibly one of the greatest arts in yoga. If we can master it, then we can always be progressing at the fastest pace possible, because we are always practicing at the most efficient level for the condition of our nervous system at any given time.

You may find this lesson useful:

Lesson 116 - Meditation - First Enhancement of Mantra

"If we shift into the second gear too soon, what happens? We bog down and don't get much out of it, because there is not enough speed yet. Shifting too soon is a strain, and does not help us go faster. Taking on a mantra enhancement is like that. If we have smoothness and good depth in meditation with I AM, we can think about moving to the first enhancement. It could be in a few months after starting, or it could be in a few years. Everyone is different." [Yogani]

You may also find this lesson on self-pacing useful:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000