Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Awake while dreaming?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

y154707

Argentina
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  07:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone! I write (again!) to get your comments and thoughts on something that I think is related to my Yoga practice.

Since about 3-4 months, I've started to dream in a very "awake" way. What does it mean? well, I guess it's different to lucid dream (which I also have from time to time), because in my dreams I act, sense and think like I do in the awake state.

An example from last night dream: I was taking to someone in a party, someone that I haven't meet for a long time. While he was talking, I was thinking:
*"which was the name of this guy? I can't recall",
*"was he from college?, no, he can't be from college, because he's a few years older than me"
*"He has just told me that he is planning to quit his job and start his own bussiness? has he considered the economics of that desition? doing some quick math, and taking into account the economy situation of the country, this seems not a good idea"

And while I was thinking all this, as if I were awake, I was dreaming!. Weird!

Another example from a few nights ago: I eat a fruit and I taste the flavor. I really taste a flavor while dreaming! that never happended to me before!

And from time to time I can read in my dreams. Signpost, letters, even some small sentences. I've read that it was not possible to read in dreams, but it happens to me.

There seems to be a correlation between the days that I do my Yoga practice and the "wakeful" dreams, although these experiences are not exclusively realted to that days.

I'm quite curious in knowing what is happening in this proccess. I search online for reference to something similar with no luck. I've thought that maybe it has to do with a overstimulation of the senses (jnanendriyas) that can deliver its information to the mind while dreaming, and this proccess has to be more efficient than normal for this to happen.

It would be great if any of you know what would be happening and can share with me!.

Thank you very much
Namaste
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000