AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Tingling and numbness in both legs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eirene

11 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  05:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,

I realize tingling/weakness/numbness in legs (especially in left one) is a common symptom of Kundalini awakening, but how do I know that it's not some neurological disorder? Are there some specifics that distinguish the two?
Did any of you have this symptom and what did the neurologist tell you it was when/if you went to see one? Do you have any advice in how to control and soothe this symptom?

Edited by - Eirene on Oct 22 2019 05:53:51 AM

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  12:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not an expert in Kundalini awakening or neurology but if the symptoms localize to one side of the body only that would suggest a neurologic problem. If you have pain that radiates down the leg in a shooting fashion, weaknesss of the foot, or loss of bladder or bowel control you should get medical attention immediately.
Go to Top of Page

Eirene

11 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2019 :  05:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Interpaul, thank you for your answer. The numbness (first in left, later in right leg) started happening around the same time K. awakening did, and I've found numerous personal experiences online that seem to mention the same symptom, so I'm hoping that's what it is. It's just a bit scary going through all of this and nobody around you knowing anything about this whole process. I will though go see a doctor just in case.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2019 :  07:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tingling can be a symptom of Kundalini, but weakness in a limb is something to be concerned. It would be a good idea to check with your doctor and maybe a neurologist.

If it is due to the kundalini, read lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies to find out what you can do to deal with it.

In any case, a regular meditation practice will help, you can read simple instructions here and work to make it part of your daily life.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Eirene

11 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2019 :  03:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Blanche. :)
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  6:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eirene, this is exactly what's happening to me right now (I'm going through heart chakra opening) and I'm relieved to learn it's more common than I thought. The left side of my body is truly acting funny (or should I say, failing to act normal). We're talking numbness, muscle weakness and all sort of violent energy jerks. I can feel my left hand go numb and weak. The heart hurts like it's bleeding (being on the left side) and the lungs feel depleted.

But every time I go pessimistic and start believing it's a physical (medical) problem seeing as the pain feels overwhelmingly physical, I am surprised how grounding exercises (long power walks, for example) moves the tensity to the right side of the body and somehow "completes the circuit", after which both sides are almost equally weak and numb (completes it for the time being, that is, since unblocking your Chakras require completing the circuits more than once, with each cycle being smoother than the one before it). It's not just the hands and toes but the genitals as well (not to mention face muscles). Energy is moving around (or up) and it's when it's stuck or blocked that pain, tensity and numbness begin to occur and the energy therefore summons more energy from the lower regions to unlock the Chakra (or Chakras) in question until energy flow is finally even.

Make no mistake, however, as grounding will not immediately create long-lasting energy balance, but rather eventually (and ultimately). Nor is more vigorous grounding exercise necessarily a healthy thing to do. You need to be able to tell just how much you need (for the time being, agian, since your needs will inevitability change and what you feel is too much today will feel "just about" in the future) and synchronize your physical workout to Kundalini.

Symptoms will move from one spot in your body to another, until your entire nervous system is unblocked and ready to digest Kundalini. But remember, a proper grounding regime is a must. There's no place for Kundalini in an out-of-shape nervous system.

Edited by - Piruz on May 09 2020 10:29:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And yes, I've been to the hospital (the night when my heart Chakra opened up) because I thought I was having a full-blown heart attack (that's what it felt like). Heart was okay, normal lungs fields, blood pressure and oxygen levels.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000